A pathway map for this certificate is not currently available.
Below is a list of courses that make up this certificate. It is recommended that you meet with an academic advisor before registering for classes.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Nursing Refresher program provides registered nurses with a review and update of nursing theory and practice. The goal of the program is to update and refine theoretical and practical nursing knowledge and facilitate the nurse's transition back into professional practice. The Nursing Refresher program is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing. Successful program completion satisfies the Arizona State Board of Nursing RN license renewal requirement for applicants who do not meet the practice mandate as stated in The Nurse Practice Act, R4-19312 (B).
Health Declaration: It is essential that Nursing Refresher students be able to perform a number of physical activities in the clinical portion of the program. At a minimum, students will be required to lift patients, stand for several hours at a time and perform bending activities. The clinical nursing experience also places students under considerable mental and emotional stress as they undertake responsibilities and duties impacting patients' lives. Students must be able to demonstrate rational and appropriate behavior under stressful conditions. Individuals should give careful consideration to the mental and physical demands of the program prior to making application.
Important information you’ll need when applying for admission:
- Field of Interest
- Health Sciences
- Academic Plan
- Nursing Refresher (CER)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Effective Term
- Spring 2015
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses within the program.
Massachusetts Nurse of the Future Core Competencies are integrated into the student learning outcomes/program competencies.
Course Fee Information: Please see class schedule for information regarding course fees.
Formal application and admission to the program is required.
All applicants must have an active or inactive Registered Nurse (RN) license that is eligible for renewal per Regulatory Board requirements or has successfully passed the RN licensing examination, but has never worked as a registered nurse.
All applicants must be eligible for issuance of an active or temporary registered nurse license.
All applicants must be in good standing with the Regulatory Board. RN's with restricted licenses are not eligible for the program. Once enrolled, students receiving any disciplinary actions against their license must notify the Nursing Program Chair within five (5) school days. The Nursing Program Chair reserves the right to restrict the student's participation in clinical experiences and involvement in patient care until the license is valid and unrestricted.
Health and Safety Requirements for the Nursing Refresher Program:
1. Students must submit a Health and Safety Documentation verifying completion of all requirements and maintain current status throughout the program.
2. Students must submit the Health Declaration Form signed by a licensed health care provider.
3. Students must test negative on a timed urine drug screen.
4. Students must provide a copy of their current and valid Level One Finger Print Clearance Card upon application.
What You’ll Learn
This certificate will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Provide holistic care that recognizes an individual's preferences, values, and needs and respects the patient or designee as a full partner in providing compassionate, coordinated, age and culturally appropriate, safe and effective care.
- Demonstrate accountability for the delivery of standard-based nursing care that is consistent with moral, altruistic, legal, ethical, regulatory, and humanistic principles.
- Influence the behavior of individuals or groups of individuals within their environment as evidenced by the establishment and achievement of shared goals.
- Use information and technology to communicate and manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision-making.
- Interact effectively with patients, families, and colleagues, fostering mutual respect and shared decision making, as evidenced by enhanced patient satisfaction and health outcomes.
- Demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context of the health care system, and demonstrate the ability to effectively call on microsystem resources to provide care that is of optimal quality and value.
- Function effectively within nursing and interdisciplinary teams, fostering open communication, mutual respect, shared decision making, team learning, and development.
- Use data to monitor the outcomes of care processes, and uses improvement methods to design and test changes to continuously improve the quality and safety of health care systems.
- Identify, evaluate, and use the best current evidence coupled with clinical expertise and consideration of patients' preferences, experience and values to make practice decisions.
- Minimize risk of harm to patients and providers through both system effectiveness and individual performance.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|NUR295||Registered Nurse Refresher||10|
This Certificate of Completion is associated with
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
View MCCCD’s official curriculum documentation for additional details regarding the requirements of this award (https://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=67483).
Full Award Details
- First Term
- 2015 Spring
- Final Term
- Total Credits
- CIPS code
- SOC codes
- Program Availability
- GW, MC
- Last Updated
- Financial Aid Eligible?
- This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.