CCL Entrepreneurial Studies Level II
Academic Plan Code
MCCCD Program Detail
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses within the program.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Entrepreneurial Studies Level II program is designed to provide students with the necessary skills, knowledge, and abilities to start and run their own business. Courses include new venture legal issues, financial projections, and alternatives, in addition to market research to determine business feasibility. Also covers management skills and entrepreneurial thinking for owning and operating a small business.
What You’ll Learn
This program will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Define entrepreneurship.
- Describe planning activities required for the successful launch of a new venture.
- Differentiate between various types of business start-up opportunities.
- Compare and contrast business financing alternatives.
- Describe components of a successful business feasibility study.
- Complete a business experience assessment.
- Examine market potential for a business endeavor.
- Develop a customer profile.
- Create a competitive strategy for entry into a business segment.
- Complete a feasibility study.
- Describe the fundamentals of identifying new technologies and innovations as entrepreneurial opportunities for profitable commercial feasibility.
- Compare and contrast components of a business plan.
- Create a preliminary business plan.
- Compare and contrast principles and practices of personal and family financial planning.
- Differentiate between types of business financing.
- Create a business plan.
- Explain advantages and disadvantages of various organization forms.
- Describe major legal issues related to new venture start-up.
- Compare and contrast types of business ownership.
- Explain social entrepreneurship and the events that assisted in defining social entrepreneurship.
- Discuss various social entrepreneurial organizations.
- Define microfinance and the type of financial services available to entrepreneurs.
Meet with an Advisor
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Before signing up for classes, you’ll want to meet with an academic advisor. Together, you’ll lay out a program and career path that suits you best. This step is essential to your academic success.
This Certificate of Completion is associated with
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Entrepreneurial Studies Level II (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=139463).