Academic Plan Type
Certificate of Completion (CCL)
Academic Plan Code
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Electronics Technology is designed to prepare students to work as electronics technicians, manufacturing supervisors, test equipment specialists, prototype fabricators, and in other positions in firms that specialize in electronic design, manufacturing, service, and development. Students with this certificate may work in industries that include, but are not limited to, aerospace, biotechnology, communications, entertainment, industrial, medical, power, semiconductor, and transportation. This Certificate of Completion (CCL) comprises the first two semesters of the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree in Electronics Technology.
What You’ll Learn
This certificate will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Solve problems in analog electronics using basic mathematical functions, Ohm's and Kirchoff's laws, and phasors.
- Analyze bipolar and Field Effect Transistor (FET) circuits, along with operational amplifier circuits.
- Apply the concepts of Boolean algebra to digital logic circuits.
- Interface keyboards, displays, stopper motors, and other peripheral devices to a microprocessor system.
- Program a microprocessor using low and high level programming languages.
- Demonstrate proficiency using standard electronic test equipment.
- Use contemporary operating systems and application software to solve problems in electronics.
- Practice safe work habits according to industry standards.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|ELE111||Circuit Analysis I||4|
|ELE112||Circuit Analysis II||4|
|ELE121||Solid-State Devices and Circuits I||4|
|ELE131||Digital Logic and Circuits||3|
|ELE181||Computer Programming for Technology||3|
Meet with an Advisor
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Before signing up for classes, you’ll want to meet with an academic advisor. Together, you’ll lay out a program and career path that suits you best. This step is essential to your academic success.
This Certificate of Completion is associated with
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
View MCCCD's curriculum website for the Certificate of Completion in Electronics Technology (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=147874).
- First Term
- 2020 Fall
- Final Term
- Total Credits
- CIPS code
- SOC codes
- 17-3029.00, 27-4012.00, 49-2021.00
- Program Availability
- Occupational Area
- Last Updated