CCL Disc Jockey Techniques I
Academic Plan Code
MCCCD Program Detail
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid. Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Disc Jockey Techniques I is designed to prepare students for entry level employment as a live-performance disc jockey (DJ). This program is designed to provide the student with the technical skills required for a successful performance or production and to demonstrate an understanding of common business practices in a highly competitive and rapidly changing entertainment industry. A Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Disc Jockey Techniques II and an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Disc Jockey Techniques is available for students who want to deepen their knowledge and skills within the field.
What You’ll Learn
This program will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Analyze the values and ethics that influence the creation of a live performance event.
- Develop and demonstrate the technical skills required for a successful Disc Jockey performance or production.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and collaborative skills to build relationships and network with clients, colleagues, and organizations.
- Develop opportunities for leadership, innovation, and entrepreneurship in the music industry.
- Critically analyze and synthesize musical content for social, cultural, aesthetic, and historical significance.
- Evaluate and apply marketing strategies to build a brand (e.
- Interpret and explain intellectual property law, rights management, publishing, licensing, and contracts.
- Apply common business practices used in the entertainment industry.
- Demonstrate self-reliance, problem solving skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Use effective written, oral, and visual communication skills for diverse audiences and a variety of purposes.
Required Courses Credits: 11
|MUC135||Introduction to Disc Jockey Techniques||3|
|MUC136||Turntablism: The Art of the Scratch DJ||3|
|MUC137||Digital DJ Performance Techniques||3|
|MUC138||Disc Jockey Laboratory||1|
|MUC293||Self Promotion for Music||1|
This Certificate of Completion is associated with
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Disc Jockey Techniques I (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=137508).