Disc Jockey Techniques I
Academic Plan Type
Certificate of Completion (CCL)
Academic Plan Code
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Disc Jockey Techniques I is designed to prepare students for entry level employment as a live-performance disc jockey (DJ). This program is designed to provide the student with the technical skills required for a successful performance or production and to demonstrate an understanding of common business practices in a highly competitive and rapidly changing entertainment industry. A Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Disc Jockey Techniques II and an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Disc Jockey Techniques is available for students who want to deepen their knowledge and skills within the field.
What You’ll Learn
This certificate will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Analyze the values and ethics that influence the creation of a live performance event.
- Develop and demonstrate the technical skills required for a successful Disc Jockey performance or production.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and collaborative skills to build relationships and network with clients, colleagues, and organizations.
- Develop opportunities for leadership, innovation, and entrepreneurship in the music industry.
- Critically analyze and synthesize musical content for social, cultural, aesthetic, and historical significance.
- Evaluate and apply marketing strategies to build a brand (e.g., advertising, social media campaigns, public relations, interactive media, digital media).
- Interpret and explain intellectual property law, rights management, publishing, licensing, and contracts.
- Apply common business practices used in the entertainment industry.
- Demonstrate self-reliance, problem solving skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Use effective written, oral, and visual communication skills for diverse audiences and a variety of purposes.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|MUC135||Introduction to Disc Jockey Techniques||3|
|MUC136||Turntablism: The Art of the Scratch DJ||3|
|MUC137||Digital DJ Performance Techniques||3|
|MUC138||Disc Jockey Laboratory||1|
|MUC293||Self Promotion for Music||1|
This Certificate of Completion is associated with
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
View MCCCD's curriculum website for the Certificate of Completion in Disc Jockey Techniques I (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=137508).
- First Term
- 2020 Fall
- Final Term
- Total Credits
- CIPS code
- SOC codes
- 27-2091.00, 27-2041.04, 27-2042.02
- Program Availability
- MC, SC
- Occupational Area
- Art, A/V Technology, and Communication
- Last Updated
- Financial Aid Eligible?
- This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.