CCL Landscape Specialist
Academic Plan Code
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Landscape Specialist program emphasizes the technology of production and management. The program is designed to prepare students to become employed in nurseries or landscape construction and maintenance industry as technicians, supervisors, managers, or owners. In addition the program prepares students for jobs with government agencies or other agencies involved with the technical phases of the Landscape Horticulture industry.
Course Sequence by Term
The following is a suggested course sequence by term for the pathway. Students should keep in mind the items below that affect their success in completing the pathway as listed:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term. It is understood that students may enter the program at different times of the year.
- Academic achievement is related to initial course placement determined by course placement tests, completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites, any courses below 100 level, and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor, or program director, or counselor who can assist in assessing student needs that may affect course enrollment. Appropriate resources can be discussed and agreed to in order to address student needs and support successful course completion.
Program Area Key:
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HUM = Humanities and Fine Arts
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social & Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for each course listed in the Required Courses area.
|PP||AGL181||Landscape Construction Techniques||Course offered in Fall only||3|
|PP||AGL189||Landscape Design I||Course offered in Fall only||3|
|PP||AGS164||Plant Growth and Development||4|
|PP||AGS183||Urban Plant Identification And Use||Course offered in Fall only||3|
|PP||CHM130||Fundamental Chemistry||Prerequisites: Grade of C or better in [CHM090 or MAT090 or MAT091 or MAT092 or MAT093 or (MAT103AA and MAT103AB) or higher or satisfactory score on math placement] and [RDG091 or higher or eligibility for CRE101 as indicated by reading placement].||3|
|RC||AGB139||Agribusiness Computer Operations||3|
|RC||AGB130||Establishing And Running An Agribusiness||Course offered in Spring only||3|
|RC||AGS260||Soils||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CHM130 or permission of Instructor.||Course offered in Spring only||4|
|RC||AGS268||Integrated Pest Management in the Cultivated Environment||Course offered in Spring only||4|
Courses in Term 1 are the requirements for the CCL Landscape Aide (5069) which is part of the Landscape Specialist certificate.
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC's easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Landscape Horticulture program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Landscape Specialist (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=108039).