Summer and Fall 2023 Registration begins on Monday, April 3rd, 2023.
MCC Children's Center is the best option for student parents. We offer reasonable tuition, easy accessibility, hourly enrollment, and easy access.
The MCC Children's Center has earned a high rating from First Things First Arizona for child care providers. Read more here.
Our vision for the Mesa Community College Children’s Center is to provide a program where:
- Children are valued for their individuality, ability to create friendships, wonder, curiosity, and ability to play.
- Families are valued for their commitment to family, home, education, their dreams for their children, and their traditions and cultural values.
- Staff are valued for their wisdom, delight in children, and commitment to families and education.
The Children's Center recognizes the uniqueness of each child by providing a developmentally appropriate, child-directed learning environment in which the child can construct his/her own knowledge through teacher guided, hands-on experimentation and exploration in the areas of social, emotional, physical, linguistic, and cognitive development.
We recognize parents and other close family members as the primary educators of young children and know the parent-child relationship is essential to children's development. Additionally, research has shown us that parental involvement in a child's education is linked to future educational success for the child. We encourage you to play an active role in your child's classroom to enhance the relationship between home and school. We will do all we can to foster collaborations within our college and the community that are appropriate for your family and child.
The MCC Children's Center preschool program endeavors to be a leader in and a model to the community by providing developmentally appropriate practice in a real world setting. Additionally, the Children's Center follows the standards set by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), which holds the program to higher standards. Both of these actions can and should serve as examples to the early childhood community outside of the MCC campus. Thereby, allowing the MCC Children's Center to become a model for other early childhood programs throughout the Valley. Ideally this has the potential to improve the state of early childhood care and education in Arizona, in addition to providing high quality services for our students and children.
- Children must be three years old and potty-trained by the first day of the semester
- Registration Fee and the first week's tuition are due at the time of registration.