Academic Plan Code
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Welding develops skills in oxyacetylene (gas) and electric (arc) welding with emphasis on preparing for the American Welding Society Arc certification exam.
Course Sequence by Term
The following is a suggested course sequence by term for the pathway. Students should keep in mind the items below that affect their success in completing the pathway as listed:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term. It is understood that students may enter the program at different times of the year.
- Academic achievement is related to initial course placement determined by course placement tests, completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites, any courses below 100 level, and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor, or program director, or counselor who can assist in assessing student needs that may affect course enrollment. Appropriate resources can be discussed and agreed to in order to address student needs and support successful course completion.
Program Area Key:
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HUM = Humanities, Arts and Design
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social-Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
|RC||DFT114||Machine Trades Blueprint Reading||3|
|RC||GTC216||Properties of Materials||3|
|RC||WLD101||Welding I||WLD101 or Any combination of WLD courses listed for a total of 13-15 credits: WLD106AB; WLD106AC; WLD106AD; WLD206AA; WLD206AB; WLD206AC; WLD206AD; WLD208AA; WLD225||3|
|RC||WLD||Any combination of the WLD courses listed for a total of 13-15 credits: WLD101; WLD106AB; WLD106AC; WLD106AD; WLD206AA; WLD206AB; WLD206AC; WLD206AD; WLD208AA; WLD225||13–15|
|RC||WLD106AB||Arc Welding 6010 3G-4G||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in WLD106AA or permission of Instructor.||5|
|RC||WLD106AC||Arc Welding 7018 3G-4G||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in WLD106AA or permission of Instructor.||5|
|RC||WLD106AD||Arc Welding 6010, 7018 5G-6G||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in WLD106AA or permission of Instructor.||5|
|RC||WLD206AA||GMAW and GTAW Welding||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in WLD106AA or permission of Instructor.||5|
|RC||WLD206AB||Advanced GMAW and FCAW Welding||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in WLD206AA or permission of Instructor.||5|
|RC||WLD206AC||Advanced GTAW Non-Ferrous Welding||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in WLD206AA or permission of Instructor.||5|
|RC||WLD206AD||Advanced GTAW Ferrous Welding||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in WLD206AA or permission of Instructor.||5|
|RC||WLD208AA||Advanced Arc Welding - 3G Certification||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in WLD106++ or permission of Instructor.||5|
|RC||WLD225||Welding Inspection and Quality Control||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in WLD106++ or permission of Instructor.||3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC's easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Welding Technology program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Welding (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=102583).