2023 Annual Student Art Show
About this event
2023 Student Art Exhibition
Opening Reception: Thursday, March 30, 6-8pm.
Exhibition runs: March 30 - May 4
Are you an Art student at Mesa Community College?
If Yes, Apply Now to get your work in the Annual Mesa Community College Juried Art Student Show!
How it works:
You can submit 1-3 artworks in any medium - ceramics, sculpture, digital illustration, animation, design, drawing, life drawing, painting, photography, printmaking, textiles, graphic design or any artistic medium, including those not listed here.
Make sure to fill out all the fields in the application form. The link to the google form is HERE.
Our jurors will review all submissions before deciding what will be in this year's exhibition. Juror's TBA.
The process of submitting and showing your work is a great way to develop your professional practice as an artist. Please read and follow the instructions below.
- Students must have registered for an MCC ART class from Spring 2022 to Spring 2023.
- Artwork that was accepted into a previous Annual Art Student Show at MCC is not eligible.
- A maximum of three entries are allowed per artist.
- Unsure what you should submit? Schedule an appointment with one of your instructors to get their input.
- All works must be original - if you copied the image from another artist it is considered a master study. Please indicate if one of your submissions is a master study as these will not receive awards.
- Work must not exceed 46 inches wide and 60 inches tall.
- Upon selection by juror, artwork must be finished and ready to exhibit. 2D artists are expected to think about presentation when they drop off their work. It should be ready to hang with any additional hardware that is needed for installation beyond screws or nails. Pedestals will be provided for 3D work up to the size of 2 by 2 ft. The gallery coordinator will discuss options with students exhibiting animation, video or web work after the work is accepted.
For work in ceramics, sculpture, drawing, painting, photography, printmaking, textiles, and graphic design (2-D and 3-D): Entries will be judged online by high-resolution jpeg (300 Dpi) images that you upload to google forms.
For digital work (web, animation, video, sound): Please use the following acceptable file types to upload your work directly to this Google Form for review: png, gif, mp3, mp4, mov.
- Deadline to Submit: Friday, March 10 at 11:59pm
- Notification of Acceptance, Friday, March 17.
- Delivery of work to MCC Art Gallery: March 23 & 24 from 9am-5pm.
- Exhibition runs: March 30 – May 4
- Opening Reception: Thursday, March 30, 6-8pm, 2023
- Closing: Thursday, May 4, 2023
- Pick-Up date: Friday, May 5 from 9-5pm and Monday, May 8 from 9-5pm
Thank you for submitting your work!
The jurors look foward to seeing your art. Submit your most inspired pieces!
Items not allowedOutside food and beverages are not permitted in the gallery.
Directions and parkingThe MCC Art Gallery can be found behind the AC building near the MCC Theatre. Complimentary parking for events is conveniently provided in the southeast lots of campus.
Get directions from Google Maps