- When is the training offered?
Winter Intersession 2020 - Mesa Campus only; Technology courses only
- What is the Gilbert Together Resident Career Training Program?
The Town of Gilbert has partnered with the Maricopa Information Technology Institute-East Valley (MITI-EV), Chandler-Gilbert Community College (CGCC), Mesa Community College (MCC), and the Maricopa Corporate College (MCOR) to provide job training scholarships for Gilbert residents who have been impacted by COVID-19.
- Do participants receive college credit?
The programs of study offered provide entry-level and upskilling opportunities for approximately 120 eligible participants to prepare for careers in business, healthcare, information technology, manufacturing, and trades. The career areas offered are in high demand, with the potential to earn more than the median Maricopa County wage.
- What are the Residency Requirements of the Gilbert Together Resident Career Training Program?
Residency for tuition purposes is determined in accordance with state law (ARS §§15-1801et seq.) and regulations of the Maricopa Community Colleges Governing Board. Students classified as out-of-state residents do not qualify for this program.
- What happens if I have to drop out or fail the courses I am taking?
Students who are in a situation where they may need to drop a class should complete an Appeals Form. In accordance with District Refund Policy, medical or other related documentation will be required to be submitted.
- Does this scholarship cover the costs for prerequisite courses?
Ex: TQM240 or permission from instructor for https://www.mesacc.edu/programs/map/project-management-ccl
There are more CCLs available through the Gilbert Together Scholarship opportunity. Please enter in the “Other CCL” field on the Gilbert Together Intake Form.