In partnership with:
Virtual Scholarship Information Session
Come learn how you can get your education paid for by living in Gilbert!
July 29, 2021
6:00pm - 7:00pm
There is scholarship money available! Join MCC, CGCC, and the Town of Gilbert to learn how you can go to college for free.Register now to attend this virtual event
The Town of Gilbert has partnered with the Maricopa Information Technology Institute-East Valley (MITI-EV), Chandler-Gilbert Community College (CGCC), Mesa Community College (MCC), and the Maricopa Corporate College (MCOR) to provide job training scholarships for Gilbert residents who have been impacted by COVID-19. Apply now!
Are you already a Gilbert Together student?
Ready to register for next semester? No need to apply again. Just click here to begin your registration process!
This opportunity is in high demand! The ability to qualify new and continuing participants is dependent on availability of funds. Training scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. Our plan is to offer #GilbertTogether resident career training scholarships through December 2021, or until funds are exhausted (may end sooner).
The programs of study offered provide entry-level and upskilling opportunities for approximately 120 eligible participants to prepare for careers in business, healthcare, information technology, manufacturing, and trades. The career areas offered are in high demand, with the potential to earn more than the median Maricopa County wage.
- Must be a Town of Gilbert resident or the owner of a business in the Town of Gilbert in Maricopa County in the State of Arizona.
- Must be classified as a Maricopa County resident for tuition purposes*.
- In most cases, Maricopa County residency for tuition purposes is satisfied by legal residency in the United States, residing in the State of Arizona for 12 months or more, and having a State of Arizona issued driver's license or ID card.
- Must describe how you have been adversely affected by COVID-19.
- Must choose an eligible program of study at CGCC or MCC (see below).
*Residency for tuition purposes is determined in accordance with state law (ARS §§15-1801et seq.) and regulations of the Maricopa Community Colleges Governing Board. Students classified as out-of-state residents do not qualify for this program.
- Jason's Story
When I found out about the Gilbert Together Program, I knew this was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. I was let go from my job due to Covid-19 and the business shut down operation due to the Pandemic. During the Pandemic, I ended up getting Covid, as well as my whole family. Thankfully, we all recovered without any major problems. But, I was left thinking what am I going to do next as far as a job or career? Everything has changed and is different. My wife saw a flyer about the Gilbert Together Program and inquired about the details. After hearing that I could receive a college education free of charge, I was excited, yet apprehensive about applying. This could be the opportunity I was looking for-being able to get a college education in a program I have always been interested in but could not afford because we have kids that have to go to college-that's more important. I saw the Gilbert Together Program as an exciting opportunity. Covid had turned everything upside down and I was left without a job so I figured what better way to re-enter the workforce in a job I have always been interested in. I applied for Gilbert Together and was accepted. I am excited to be pursuing a career path in Crime Scene Investigation. I am in my second semester of classes. The support I am receiving from the Gilbert Together staff has been amazing! They have been a great support system for me. I get phone calls to see how I am doing and if I need help with anything, email reminders and they also help me set up my classes and assist with any other support I need. I can't wait to get out in the workforce doing a job I actually want to be doing! I am thankful Gilbert Together has allowed me to begin my journey of achieving a college education with a new career opportunity.
- Sabrina's Story
Struggling single mothers and parents in their late thirties may not qualify for other scholarships. Without the Gilbert Together program at Mesa Community College I this would not have been possible especially after our pandemic and the loss of so many careers, loved ones, grade school closures, child care costs, health benefits and businesses.
Thank you, MCC and the Town of Gilbert, for giving me the opportunity to show my boys what hard work and dedication, paired with the grace of others, it is possible to achieve your goals. Even during unprecedented times.
The Gilbert Together program made it possible for me to obtain ___training/certificate (AWS and accounting CCL) ___to improve my and my family’s situation. We are on a path toward self sufficiency and I am launching a new career in ___ I will be proud of -- allowing me to be the sole provider for my family.
This opportunity pushed me to work even harder, providing me with a sense of community and a deep sense of responsibility toward people I had never met who made my new, brighter future possible.
My sincere gratitude and appreciation for the opportunity to obtain a higher education and launch a new career in accounting. Everyone involved is a
hero in my opinion -- my boys and I thank you and promise to pay it forward!
- Preston's Story
I was living on a university campus, pursuing a Web Foundations certificate of completion when the pandemic hit. I struggled to balance the stress of the pandemic and the switch to learning online classes and had to move home.
Several members of my family of seven have pre-existing conditions. My whole family was contracted Covid, fortunately everyone recovered though the world as we knew it before Covid has not returned, including my plans for the future. My mother shared information about the Gilbert Together program with me, thinking it could serve as an opportunity to continue moving forward with an affordable education. Amanda with MCC walked me through the whole registration process, she checks in to see how I’m doing and offers support. I’m now close to earning a Web Foundations certificate of completion and excited to have a new career option!
Your participation includes:
- Scholarship covering tuition, registration, and course fees for the approved certificate and degree programs.
- Funding will be awarded on a semester-by-semester basis and is dependent on overall demand for the program and continued availability of funds. In the event that #GilbertTogether funding runs out prior to the completion of your program of study, an advisor can provide guidance on other available financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
- Working with a team of dedicated professionals who strive to create an inclusive and vibrant learning community where everyone can achieve success.
- Support such free tutoring and career counseling to complete your studies, as well as prepare for industry certifications.
- Guidance in career selection, job hunting, and advancement in your current employment.
Scholarships do not include:
- Cost of textbooks or other learning materials for classes.
- Additional courses outside the scope of the scholarship's approved programs.
Research shows that people who invest in education after high school earn more over their lifetimes and have lower unemployment rates.
Are you already a Gilbert Together student? Ready to register for next semester? No need to apply again. Contact Helen Bland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Choose your program at CGCC or MCC (see below).
- Complete survey and indicate the college you plan to attend.
- If you plan to attend both colleges, you will need to submit separate surveys for each college.
- Within the first five days following the completion of the survey, you will be contacted by Administrative Specialist Senior, Helen Bland for further instruction.
Curious about possible career options?
Want more information on high demand career choices before choosing a program of study? Explore your options by chatting online with our Career Services staff.