In partnership with:
Virtual Scholarship Information Session
Come learn how you can get your education paid for by living in Gilbert!
July 29, 2021
6:00pm - 7:00pm
There is scholarship money available! Join MCC, CGCC, and the Town of Gilbert to learn how you can go to college for free.Register now to attend this virtual event
The Town of Gilbert has partnered with the Maricopa Information Technology Institute-East Valley (MITI-EV), Chandler-Gilbert Community College (CGCC), Mesa Community College (MCC), and the Maricopa Corporate College (MCOR) to provide job training scholarships for Gilbert residents who have been impacted by COVID-19. Apply now!
Are you already a Gilbert Together student?
Ready to register for next semester? No need to apply again. Just click here to begin your registration process!
This opportunity is in high demand! The ability to qualify new and continuing participants is dependent on availability of funds. Training scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. Our plan is to offer #GilbertTogether resident career training scholarships through December 2021, or until funds are exhausted (may end sooner).
The programs of study offered provide entry-level and upskilling opportunities for approximately 120 eligible participants to prepare for careers in business, healthcare, information technology, manufacturing, and trades. The career areas offered are in high demand, with the potential to earn more than the median Maricopa County wage.
- Must be a Town of Gilbert resident or the owner of a business in the Town of Gilbert in Maricopa County in the State of Arizona.
- Must be classified as a Maricopa County resident for tuition purposes*.
- In most cases, Maricopa County residency for tuition purposes is satisfied by legal residency in the United States, residing in the State of Arizona for 12 months or more, and having a State of Arizona issued driver's license or ID card.
- Must describe how you have been adversely affected by COVID-19.
- Must choose an eligible program of study at CGCC or MCC (see below).
*Residency for tuition purposes is determined in accordance with state law (ARS §§15-1801et seq.) and regulations of the Maricopa Community Colleges Governing Board. Students classified as out-of-state residents do not qualify for this program.
Your participation includes:
- Scholarship covering tuition, registration, and course fees for the approved certificate and degree programs.
- Funding will be awarded on a semester-by-semester basis and is dependent on overall demand for the program and continued availability of funds. In the event that #GilbertTogether funding runs out prior to the completion of your program of study, an advisor can provide guidance on other available financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
- Working with a team of dedicated professionals who strive to create an inclusive and vibrant learning community where everyone can achieve success.
- Support such free tutoring and career counseling to complete your studies, as well as prepare for industry certifications.
- Guidance in career selection, job hunting, and advancement in your current employment.
Scholarships do not include:
- Cost of textbooks or other learning materials for classes.
- Additional courses outside the scope of the scholarship's approved programs.
Research shows that people who invest in education after high school earn more over their lifetimes and have lower unemployment rates.
Are you already a Gilbert Together student? Ready to register for next semester? No need to apply again. Contact Helen Bland at email@example.com.
- Choose your program at CGCC or MCC (see below).
- Complete survey and indicate the college you plan to attend.
- If you plan to attend both colleges, you will need to submit separate surveys for each college.
- Within the first five days following the completion of the survey, you will be contacted by Administrative Specialist Senior, Helen Bland for further instruction.
Curious about possible career options?
Want more information on high demand career choices before choosing a program of study? Explore your options by chatting online with our Career Services staff.