Open to the public & free of charge.
Date: Friday, May 16, 2014
Time: 11:30 AM
Place: John D. Riggs Stadium (Finish Line Tents)
Food and beverages will be provided.
About the Speaker
Simin Levinson is a registered dietitian and is a board-certified specialist in sports dietetics. She is full-time faculty at Arizona State University and teaches courses such as Human Nutrition and Sports Nutrition.
She and her Sports Nutrition students provide sports nutrition education and guidance to student athletes who compete with Sun Devil Intramural Competitive Sports Clubs.
In addition, Simin is the Sports Nutritionist for the NBA basketball team the Phoenix Suns. In her spare time Simin enjoys hiking in the Phoenix Mountain Preserve and preparing nutritious meals at home with her family.
Presentation will include:
- Maintaining energy balance, body mass, and body composition
- Protein and carbohydrate needs for training and competition
- Nutrient timing including pre- and post- nutrition tips
- Hydration and performance
- Event-specific nutrition
- Travel Nutrition
- Supplements, are they effective and safe?