Contact Study Abroad
Study Abroad Coordinator
Southern & Dobson
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Fridays
Building: 36N Office 705
P: 480-461-7870 | F: 480-461-7139
Mondays & Thursdays
Building: DW137 (Academic Engagement Center)
Fall & Spring Semesters:
Mon-Fri: 8 am - 5 pm
Closed Sat and Sun
Mon-Thu: 7 am - 6 pm
Closed Fri, Sat and Sun
Apply to a Program
Your first step is to complete the online application. Applications for 2018 programs will open in September.
Deposit & Payment Deadlines
View the helpful guide: How to Pay for Study Abroad
Deposit Due Date: Upon acceptance
Upon acceptance, a $250 deposit (applied to the program fee) is required to secure your place in a study abroad program. Please visit Cashier Services or call 480.461.7400 to make payment. The $250 deposit is non-refundable after the program fee payment deadline of March 23, 2018 (earlier for some programs).
Program Fee Due Date: Friday, March 23, 2018 (earlier for some programs).
Tuition Due Date: 35 days prior to course start date
Program Fee & Tuition Payments: CURRENT MCC Students
Payments can be made to MCC Cashier Services after completing online post decision documents acknowledging payment deadlines & refund policy.
BY PHONE at 480.461.7400 (press 3) with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express
IN PERSON at the Cashiers Office at the Southern & Dobson and Red Mountain campuses by cash, check, money order, or debit/credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express)
ONLINE (after program fee is posted) at: my.maricopa.edu
BY MAIL with check made payable to:
Mesa Community College
Attention: Cashier Services
1833 W. Southern Ave.
Mesa, AZ 85202
Make sure to denote program and list student ID on check.
Program Fee & Tuition Payments: NEW MCC Students
- You must apply or reapply for admission by completing a Student Admissions Form available online at my.maricopa.edu at the New Student Center.
- You may also apply by calling Student Services at 480.461.7700 (press 1) or following the steps here.
- After admission, pay program fees and tuition to Cashier Services (using the methods above) according to the applicable deadlines. You may make monthly payments toward your program fee. Call Cashier Services at 480.461.7400 for more information.
- If you are an in-state student, you must submit a Student Declaration of Citizenship or Status form in order to avoid being charged out-of-state tuition. If you are enrolled at another MCCCD college, ensure that MCC has required residency documents on file by calling Admissions & Records.
- Tuition is paid separately from program fees and can be paid online or at Cashier Services when registration begins for the Summer semester.
- Tuition Due Date: Listed in your Student Center
Scholarship Application Deadline: Friday, Feb. 16, 2018 at 11:59 pm
Students can apply for two MCC scholarship opportunities as well as review other funding resources. Scholarship application links are also listed at the bottom of each program's webpage.
If you apply for a scholarship:
- You must have already applied to and been accepted into a program.
- You must put down a confirmation deposit prior to the scholarship application deadline.
- If applying for a Marciopa Grant, your FAFSA should be filed at least 30 days prior to the deadline (by Jan. 16, 2018). Awards will be announced in mid-March, 2018.
Mandatory Orientation Session
Mark your calendar for the mandatory pre-departure orientation!
April 7, 2018 from 9 am - 2 pm
Location: LB145 in the Paul A. Elsner Library.
This is your most important travel document! Be sure to allow at least 6 weeks of processing time for first time applicants and renewals. Visit the U.S. Department of State Students Abroad website for current fees and processing times.
Protecting your Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
PII refers to information that can be used to distinguish or trace an individual’s identity, either alone or when combined with other personal or identifying information that is linked or linkable to a specific individual. More complete information is available here.