- Support, encourage and guide students toward academic achievement
- Encourage students to utilize valuable college resources
- Build a relationship that enhances self-worth, success, support and sharing.
National attention for some time now has been focused on increasing graduation rates at community colleges.
Graduation rates are particularly low for students who come to campus under prepared for college level work. Finding ways to help foundation students persist in school and receive a degree is critical to substantially increasing graduation rates.
The Connect 4 Success Program was first implemented in the fall of 2011 in an effort to meet this need.
Coaching has many benefits for the student, the Success Coach, and the college, including:
- Connect with students.
- Empower with knowledge & inspiration.
- Encourage success in educational goals.
For the Student:
- Academic support
- Improved self-confidence and self-esteem
- Increased motivation
- Broadened horizons and experience
- Raised achievement and aspirations
- Building relationships
- Support to graduation Insert images here, one after another
For the Success Coach:
- Establishing relationships
- Immense satisfaction from helping another person grow
- Development of interpersonal and communication skills
- Increased self-awareness
For the College:
- Increased success of an underrepresented population
- Shared learning
- Development of staff skills
- Positive publicity
- Review and change in antiquated policies and procedures
- Increased retention and graduation rates
- Increased student satisfaction
- Community partnerships and outreach
- Possible funding streams