What Do C4S Coaches Have to Say?
- "I love the close and consistent one on one interaction I have with my mentee"
- "My experience of working with students is very productive"
- "I love to help students not just on an academic level but on a personal level as well"
- "It is rewarding to work with students who are unsure of what they want to do and help them find their passion"
- " I see tremendous growth in my mentee looking back for when they first started in the program until now"
- "The students learn how to communicate, network and achieve their goals which builds confidence and a more positive outlook on life"
- "My student mentees still connect with me after their term in the program has ended"
Who are the C4S Coaches?
- Full-time and Part-time faculty, staff & administrative members at MCC.
What Are the Success Coaches Responsibilities?
- Complete a Canvas orientation session.
- Meet with a C4S student at least six times a semester.
- Two of the six meetings must be face to face and on campus.
- Contact the program coordinator if you have any questions or concerns.
What Are the Benefits?
- A C4S coach works closely with one student to ease the transition to college.
- A C4S coach becomes a guide/advocate/mentor/supporter.
- A C4S coach helps students stay on course and get connected to MCC's resources.
For Success Coaches:
- A C4S coach can make a real difference in one student's life.
- Coaching skills are transferable; they can be used in all relationships.
- Coaching helps you to connect with colleagues across the MCC campuses.
How Do I Volunteer to Become a C4S Coach?
Melissa Turnbull: firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-461-7212
Please include the following information:
- Your name
- Best form of contact (Email, Phone Number or Both)