What Do C4S Students Have to Say?
- "My mentor is very relatable and easy to talk to about anything"
- "My mentor encourages me to work through problems and stay positive."
- "I am inspired to believe more in myself and fulfill what I am truly passionate about"
- "I feel more connected to the staff and community at MCC."
Ready to Apply?
Great! Please complete this online Student Interest and Matching Inventory (takes 5-8 min. to complete)
NEW opportunity, Peer Mentoring!
If you have completed at least 12 credits with MCC, we'd like to invite you to take next steps to become a Peer Mentor 2018-19.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this fantastic leadership experience. Mandatory interview & training (5-10 hours) to be completed in August (TBA). Extra support will be provided.
Scholarship Information for Participants
Scholarships are open for participants who qualify and submit a formal application. This opportunity will be available in the fall (December) and spring (April) of each year and awarded after grades are posted for the semester and the C4S Scholarship Committee makes a final decision. Notification is usually 1-2 weeks after finals for the semester.
NOW CLOSED for Spring. To get a preview of criteria to used, please see C4S Scholarship Spring 18.docx (may vary by term).
How is Connect 4 Success helpful?
- Your Mentor is encouraging & helping through your transition to college.
- Students have to one on one interactions in order to build the necessary skills to be successful at the college level.
- Students have the freedom to seek out a C4S team member to obtain any additional information to help them succeed.
- Students can attend workshops to deepen their thought process, build valuable skill sets & gain the necessary confidence to succeed at the college level.
What Are Student/Mentees' Responsibilities?
- Make a commitment to meet with your C4S Mentor.
- Students are responsible for reaching out and connecting with C4S Mentor!
- 1:1 meetings must be face to face and on campus.
- Plan to set aside weekly time for this commitment, especially in the beginning.
- Cancel an appointment if you cannot make it via text, email and/or phone call. And, then, we expect students to take initiative to re-schedule immediately.
- Work on achieving goals that you set.
How Do Students Get Involved? Apply Here!
- Any student may submit a Student Interest and Matching Inventory to be considered. Best time to apply is August 24 through September 15. There will be several rounds of matching that occur throughout the year.
- There are a limited number of mentors, so not all students will be selected.
- An e-mail will be sent to the student's Maricopa Google Account.
- Students are encouraged to contact their C4S Mentor as soon as possible.
Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
Connect 4 Success Lead