What Do C4S Students Have to Say?
- "My mentor is very relatable and easy to talk to about anything"
- "My mentor encourages me to work through problems and stay positive."
- "I am inspired to believe more in myself and fulfill what I am truly passionate about"
- "I feel more connected to the staff and community at MCC."
Ready to apply?
Scholarship Information for Participants
Congratulations to the 7 students awarded C4S Scholarship Fall 2017. Announcements were made in December.
NEW! C4S Scholarship Spring 18.pdf Due in April, awarded in May. Read carefully, some details have changed from fall 2017.
How is Connect 4 Success helpful?
- Your Mentor is encouraging & helping through your transition to college.
- Students have to one on one interactions in order to build the necessary skills to be successful at the college level.
- Students have the freedom to seek out a C4S team member to obtain any additional information to help them succeed.
- Students can attend workshops to deepen their thought process, build valuable skill sets & gain the necessary confidence to succeed at the college level.
What Are Student/Mentees' Responsibilities?
- Make a commitment to meet with your C4S Mentor.
- Students are responsible for reaching out and connecting with C4S Mentor!
- 1:1 meetings must be face to face and on campus.
- Plan to set aside weekly time for this commitment, especially in the beginning.
- Cancel an appointment if you cannot make it via text, email and/or phone call. And, then, we expect students to take initiative to re-schedule immediately.
- Work on achieving goals that you set.
How Do Students Get Involved? Apply Here!
- Any student may submit a Student Interest Form and Student Matching Inventory at any time of year to be considered. Best time to apply is August 24 through September 15.
- There are a limited number of mentors, so not all students will be selected. Students in the TRIO Student Support Services will be given priority.
- An e-mail will be sent to the student's Maricopa Google Account.
- Students are encouraged to contact their C4S Mentor as soon as possible.
Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
Program Advisor/Connect4Success/Student Success Services