Quality First - 5 Star Rating
The Mesa Community College Children's Center has earned the highest rating for Child Care Providors in the State of Arizona. See our rating on the Quality First website here.
Children's Center Contact
Kris Bliss, Program Director
Type of Child Care: Center
3, 4, and 5 Year Olds
What does this mean for our Students and their children?
It means the care your child receives at the MCC Children's Center far exceeds quality standards as measured by the First Things First Arizona program.
This achievement reflects the hard work of the Children's Center staff and provides limited scholarships to qualified student/scholars to defray the cost of child care.
Quality First Scholarships
This program participates in Quality First Scholarships, which help low-income families afford quality early care and education. Availability of scholarships is limited.
Contact this program by phone or email to ask about availability.
Our program was tested and evaluated and found to be one of the best in Arizona.
- Health and safety practices that promote children’s basic well being
- Staff qualifications, including experience working with infants, toddlers and preschoolers as well as training or college coursework in early childhood development and education
- Teacher-child interactions that are positive, consistent and nurture healthy development and learning
- Learning environments, including age-appropriate books, toys and learning materials that promote emotional, social, language and cognitive development
- Lessons that follow state requirements or recommendations for infants, toddlers and preschoolers
- Group sizes that give young children the individual attention they need
- Child assessment and parent communication that keeps families regularly informed of their child’s development
- Learn more about Quality First Star Ratings