Most of the links below are local to Arizona to help support our local economy! This is by no means a comprehensive "Green" list but is meant as a starting point for your research into living a "Greener" lifestyle.
- Electronics Recycling @ Best Buy
- Planet Green
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- 100 Mile Diet
- National Geographic - Environment
- Personal Care Products and the Environment
- Skin Deep Database (cosmetic and beauty ingredients/chemicals)
- Let's Go Solar-Solar in AZ
- Consumer Dangers
- Cradle to Cradle – by William McDonough & Michael Braungart
- The Sustainability Revolution – by Andres R. Edwards
- An Inconvenient Truth – by Al Gore
- Silent Spring – by Rachel Carson
Other Sustainability Measures
We offer academic certificates in sustainability!! All the course information can be found here: Sustainability Certificate
ACUPCC was the American College and University Presidents' Climate Commitment. A former President of MCC was one of the first signers of the commitment back in 2008. Since then, over 675 colleges and universities across the country have made their commitment.
ACUPCC was a lot of letters to remember, so it is now simply called "The Climate Commitment". It is organized by a network called Second Nature.
As part of the commitment, MCC is required to produce and publish several different reports documenting our sustainability efforts, greenhouse gas emissions, emission reduction goals, and progress.
Public reporting is our way to demonstrate to external audiences the seriousness with which we implement our commitment.
Climate Commitment Sustainability and Progress Reports