The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Web Designer is designed to give students a set of skills that could allow them to develop websites. Completing the program may lead to such positions as web technician and web designer assistant or to serve as a departmental or personal web publisher.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Web Designer (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Available Online
This pathway map can lead to a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are a sampling of some of the possible positions and Arizona-based salaries related to this pathway map. Some of the opportunities presented below may require either a bachelor degree or a post-graduate level education.
|Occupation / Title||Annual Median Wage|
|Multimedia Artists and Animators||$58,940|
|Salary information comes from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics Program. Updated May 2017.|
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by placement tests and completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
|CIS133DA||Internet/Web Development Level I||RC||3|
|CIS120DC||Adobe Animate: Digital Animation||RC||3|
|CIS120DF||Adobe Photoshop Level I: Digital Imaging||RC||3|
|CIS233DA||Internet/Web Development Level II||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS133CA or CIS133DA, or permission of the Instructor.||RC||3|
|CIS233DC||Internet Web Development: Dreamweaver||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS132 or CIS133CA or CIS133DA, or permission of Instructor.||RC||3|
|CIS284||Certified Internet Web (Ciw) Associate Certification Preparation Course||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS233DA, or permission of Instructor.||RC||4|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
Program Area Key
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HUM = Humanities, Arts and Design
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social-Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Web Designer (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=63325).
* Salary information comes from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics Program. Updated May 2017.