The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Technology Support Analyst program is designed to give students a foundation of technical knowledge important for those interested in becoming part of the technology help desk support system within office configurations. The curriculum designed to equip students with marketable skills for adaptation to the specific tasks and troubleshooting techniques of the automated office.
Suggested Course Plan Sequenced by Semester
Important information you’ll need when applying for admission:
- Academic Plan
- Technology Support Analyst (CER)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
- Effective Dates
- 5/29/2018 – 5/27/2019
- Program Notes
- Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses listed in the program. ++ indicates any suffixed courses.
Successful completion of this certificate may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Maricopa County-based annual median wages* for this certificate. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information. You can click on any occupation to view the detail regarding education level, wages, and employment information.
Computer User Support Specialists
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- Students should meet with an academic advisor to develop an individual education plan that meets their academic and career goals. Use the Pathway Planner tool in your Student Center to manage your plan.
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include AAA/CPD150, AAA/CPD150AC, CPD104, and AAA115/CPD115. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
Full-time status is 12 credits to 18 credits per semester.
|Survey of Computer Information Systems or Computer Usage and Applications||RC||3|
|MST150++||Any MST150 Microsoft Technology Module||RC|
|CNT140AA||Introduction to Networks||RC||4|
|BPC170||A+ Exam Prep: Computer Hardware Configuration and Support||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS105 or permission of Instructor.||RC||3|
Select 6-8 credits from the following courses to meet the Restricted Electives requirement.
|BPC270||A+ Exam Prep: Operating System Configuration and Support||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS105 or permission of Instructor.||RE||3|
|CIS126DL||Linux Operating System||RE||3|
|Linux System Administration or Linux Network Administration||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS126DL or CIS126RH or permission of Instructor. or Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS126DL or CIS126RH or permission of Instructor.||RE||3|
|CNT150AA||Cisco - Routing and Switching Essentials||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CNT140AA or permission of Instructor.||RE||4|
|MST155++ or MST157++ or MST158++||Any MST Microsoft Technology Module||RE|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Course Area Key
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses listed in the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
This certificate is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an academic advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
View MCCCD’s curriculum website for the Certificate of Completion in Technology Support Analyst (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=109670).