Learn more about the Business program.
Ask general questions at our support center.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Technology Support Analyst program is designed to give students a foundation of technical knowledge important for those interested in becoming part of the technology help desk support system within office configurations. The curriculum designed to equip students with marketable skills for adaptation to the specific tasks and troubleshooting techniques of the automated office.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Technology Support Analyst (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
- Effective Dates
- 5/29/2018 – 5/27/2019
What You’ll Learn
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- List and describe fundamental computer concepts and perform elementary word processing, spreadsheet, database, and programming applications.
- Install, customize, and troubleshoot problems with various hardware/software configurations.
- Implement and configure administrative tools.
- Analyze network topologies, IP addressing, and basic network design.
Successful completion of this program may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Maricopa County-based annual median wages* for this program. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information. You can click on any occupation to view the detail regarding education level, wages, and employment information.
Computer User Support Specialists
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include CPD150, CPD150AC, CPD104, and AAA115/CPD115. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
Full-time status is 12 credits to 18 credits per semester.
|Survey of Computer Information Systems or Computer Usage and Applications||RC||3|
|MST150++||Any MST150 Microsoft Technology Module||RC|
|CNT140AA||Introduction to Networks||RC||4|
|BPC170||A+ Exam Prep: Computer Hardware Configuration and Support||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS105 or permission of Instructor.||RC||3|
Select 6-8 credits from the following courses to meet the Restricted Electives requirement.
|BPC270||A+ Exam Prep: Operating System Configuration and Support||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS105 or permission of Instructor.||RE||3|
|CIS126DL||Linux Operating System||RE||3|
|Linux System Administration or Linux Network Administration||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS126DL or CIS126RH or permission of Instructor. or Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS126DL or CIS126RH or permission of Instructor.||RE||3|
|CNT150AA||Cisco - Routing and Switching Essentials||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CNT140AA or permission of Instructor.||RE||4|
|MST155++ or MST157++ or MST158++||Any MST Microsoft Technology Module||RE|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Program Area Key
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses listed in the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Technology Support Analyst (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=109670).