Learn more about the Early Childhood Education program.
Ask general questions at our support center.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Foundations of Early Childhood Education is designed to prepare students with foundational knowledge regarding the growth and development of the young child. Topics include children's health, physical milestones, and cognitive development. Also covered are communication and language acquisition as well as adult/child relationship building.
Suggested Course Plan Sequenced by Semester: EM, GC, MC, PV, SM
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Foundations of Early Childhood Education (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
- Effective Dates
- 5/29/2018 – 5/27/2019
Successful completion of this program may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Maricopa County-based annual median wages* for this program. You can click on any occupation to view the detail regarding education level, wages, and employment information.
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and completion of 100-200 course and/or program requirements.
- Students may be required to successfully complete a College Success Course (CPD150 or CPD/AAA115) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
Full-time status is 12 credits to 18 credits per semester.
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Program Area Key
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Foundations of Early Childhood Education (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=127379).