The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Advanced Web Designer is designed to give students a set of skills that would allow them to develop comprehensive and interactive Web and e-commerce sites. Completing the program will prepare students for such positions as web technician, web designer, web marketing or e-commerce manager.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Advanced Web Designer (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Available Online
This pathway map can lead to a variety of different occupations and industries. Below is a sampling of some of the possible positions and Arizona-based salaries related to this pathway map. Some of the opportunities presented below may require either a bachelor degree or a post-graduate level education.
|Occupation / Title||Annual Median Wage|
|Salary information comes from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics Program. Updated May 2017.|
Certificate of Completion in Web Designer (5344) 19 credits
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by placement tests and completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
|Program Prerequisites||Certificate of Completion in Web Designer (5344)||RC||19|
|CIS235||E-Commerce||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS133CA or CIS133DA, or permission of the Instructor.||RC||3|
|CIS243||Internet/Web Development Level III||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS233DA, or permission of Instructor.||RC||3|
|Volunteerism For Computer Information Systems: A Service Learning Experience or Computer Information Systems Internship||CIS233DA or permission of instructor or Prerequisites: Permission of Instructor.||RC||3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
Program Area Key
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HU = Humanities, Arts and Design
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social-Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Advanced Web Designer (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=118482).
* Salary information comes from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Employment Statistics Program. Updated May 2017.