Learn more about this pathway with one of the associated programs below:
Ask general questions at our support center.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Advanced Web Designer is designed to give students a set of skills that would allow them to develop comprehensive and interactive Web and e-commerce sites. Completing the program will prepare students for such positions as web technician, web designer, web marketing or e-commerce manager.
Important information you’ll need when applying to MCC:
- Academic Career
- Degree/Certificate Type
- Career and Technical Certificate
- Academic Plan
- Advanced Web Designer (CCL)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Catalog Year
- Available Online
What You’ll Learn
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Construct an overview of the Internet and its resources to include basic web page development.
- Design, develop, and publish web sites on the Internet using html, css, and multimedia tools such as Scripting languages, web graphic applications, web animation, and web editors.
- Design and develop web pages using Dreamweaver.
- Perform the basic applications for graphic design and image correction.
- Develop e-business sites including online marketing and advertising, legal, ethical, and security considerations, and online secured transactions.
- Prepare for the international industry certification.
- Identify and define concepts and skills needed for the international industry certification A+ Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) in Site Design.
- Identify and list concepts and skills needed for the international industry certification A+ Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) A+ Foundation-Associate.
Successful completion of this program may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Maricopa County-based annual median wages* for this program. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information. You can click on any occupation to view the detail regarding education level, wages, and employment information.
Certificate of Completion in Web Designer (5344) 19 credits
Course Sequence by Term
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include CPD150, CPD150AC, CPD104, and AAA115/CPD115. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor about any concerns that may affect course enrollment.
Full-time status is 12 credits to 18 credits per semester.
|CIS235||E-Commerce||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS133DA or permission of Instructor.||RC||3|
|CIS243||Internet/Web Development Level III||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS233DA, or permission of Instructor.||RC||3|
|Volunteerism For Computer Information Systems: A Service Learning Experience or Computer Information Systems Internship||No requisites or Prerequisites: Permission of Instructor.||RC||3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
Program Area Key
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
View MCCCD’s program website for the Certificate of Completion in Advanced Web Designer (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=118482).
The pathway map presented above is for the current catalog year and is the intended pathway map for new students. Other versions of this pathway map from different catalog years are available below:
|Catalog Year||Effective Dates|
|2018-2019||5/29/2018 – 5/27/2019|