CCL Programming and System Analysis
Academic Plan Code
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Programming and System Analysis provides an in-depth exploration of different computer language and technical skills. Includes, but is not limited to the following: operating systems, local area networks, team roles, and dynamics. An Associate in Applied Science (AAS) is also available.CG, EM, GC, MC, PC, PV, SC
Course Sequence by Term
The following is a suggested course sequence by term for the pathway. Students should keep in mind the items below that affect their success in completing the pathway as listed:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term. It is understood that students may enter the program at different times of the year.
- Academic achievement is related to initial course placement determined by course placement tests, completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites, any courses below 100 level, and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor, or program director, or counselor who can assist in assessing student needs that may affect course enrollment. Appropriate resources can be discussed and agreed to in order to address student needs and support successful course completion.
Program Area Key:
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HUM = Humanities, Arts and Design
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social-Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
|RC||CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems||3|
|UNIX Operations System or
Linux Operating System or
Any Microsoft Windows course or
Object-Oriented Programming Fundamentals or
Visual Basic Programming I or
C Programming: Level I or
Java Programming: Level I
|RC||CIS224||Project Management Microsoft Project for Windows||3|
|RC||CIS150||Programming Fundamentals||CIS105 or permission of instructor||3|
|RC||CIS151||Computer Game Development -Level I||CIS105 or permission of instructor||3|
|Business Systems Analysis and Design or
Object Oriented Analysis and Design or
Management of Information Systems
|Any programming language or permission of instructor||3|
|Introduction to Oracle: SQL or
MySQL Database or
SQL Server Database
|A grade of C or better in CIS105 or permission of Instructor||3|
|RE||Restricted Elective||Restricted Elective||3|
|RE||CIS251||Computer Game Development - Level II||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS151, or permission of Instructor.||3|
|RE||CIS259||Visual Basic Programming II||3|
|RE||CIS262++||C Programming: Level II||3|
|RE||CIS263AA||Java Programming: Level II||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS163AA or permission of Instructor.||3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC's easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Computer Information Systems program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Programming and System Analysis (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=108060).