The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Native Mobile App Development prepares students for employment in entry-level coding, programming, and software development positions with an emphasis on native iOS and Android mobile apps. This CCL will help students prepare to take the App Developer with Swift Certification Level 1 and Associate Android Developer certifications. Courses in this certificate can apply toward the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Mobile App Development and Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Mobile App Development.
Important information you’ll need when applying for admission:
- Field of Interest
- Computer and Information Technology
- Academic Plan
- Native Mobile App Development (CER)
- Academic Plan Code
- Total Credits Required
- Program Notes
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses within the program.
Students should consult with a Department Advisor in arranging their schedules.
Program requirements for CCL5834 Android Application Development and CCL5914 iOS Application Development CCL may be taken in the CCL 5063 Native Mobile App Development.
What You’ll Learn
This certificate will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Design and develop a user interface that utilizes professional UI/UX principles.
- Design and develop applications that meet the client's needs utilizing the appropriate controls for the appropriate platform.
- Develop effective, efficient, tested code that meets specifications.
- Analyze problems using critical thinking skills and design program solutions.
- Research and evaluate professional resources to effectively apply them to a problem.
- Communicate in varied settings, both orally and in writing, in a culturally responsive manner to function well in a diverse and collaborative team environment.
- Practice industry accepted professional and ethical behavior.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems (3) OR|
|Permission of Program Director, Department or Division Chair (0)||0-3|
|CIS150||Programming Fundamentals (3) OR|
|CIS156||Python Programming: Level I (3) OR|
|CIS159||Visual Basic Programming I (3) OR|
|CIS162AD||C# Level I (3) OR|
|CIS163AA||Java Programming: Level I (3)||3|
|CIS150AB||Object-Oriented Programming Fundamentals||3|
|CIS165||Introduction to IOS Application Development||3|
|CIS165DA||Introduction to Android Application Development||3|
|CIS265||Advanced iOS Application Development||3|
|CIS265DA||Advanced Android Application Development||3|
Meet with an Advisor
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Before signing up for classes, you’ll want to meet with an academic advisor. Together, you’ll lay out a program and career path that suits you best. This step is essential to your academic success.
This Certificate of Completion is associated with
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
View MCCCD's curriculum website for the Certificate of Completion in Native Mobile App Development (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=159144).
Full Award Details
- First Term
- 2020 Fall
- Final Term
- Total Credits
- CIPS code
- SOC codes
- 15-1132.00, 15-1251.00, 15-1253.00, 15-1254.00
- Program Availability
- MC, RS, SM
- Occupational Area
- Information Technology
- Last Updated