CCL Multimedia Technology
Academic Plan Code
MCCCD Program Detail
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses within the program.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Multimedia Technology is a discipline that integrates multiple digital media types including text, graphics, animation, audio and video and then delivers this interactive material electronically. The Certificate of Completion in Multimedia Technology will help prepare students for entry-level career opportunities with corporations, organizations, educational institutions, government agencies, entertainment, and advertising industries that require interactive content to support, enhance and/or market their product or service.
Possible entry-level or internship positions leading to careers after completing this certificate program may include Multimedia Producer, Multimedia Scriptwriter, Multimedia Developer, Computer-Based Training or Instructional Designer, Digital Graphic Designer, Webpage Designer, Webpage Developer, Interface Designer, Video/Audio Specialist, Video Editor, Animator, or Multimedia Designer.
What You’ll Learn
This program will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Perform procedures of image manipulation through changes of resolution, mode selection, and image adjustment.
- Overview of CIS/Computer concepts and programming techniques.
- Create digital video movies using basic video import, export, and editing functions.
- Utilize Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) documents to embed Flash movies for delivery to the World Wide Web.
- (Perform the basic applications for graphic design and image correction using Adobe Photoshop.
- Develop additions to different multimedia applications and evaluate them from an end-users perspective for their effectiveness and style.
- Demonstrate analog and digital recording techniques in the field as well as in a controlled environment.
- Create an electronic portfolio of work.
- Write a Request for Proposal.
- Design and develop comprehensive and interactive websites using Dreamweaver.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems||3|
|CIS/MMT140||Survey of Multimedia Technology||2|
|CIS120DB||Computer Graphics: Adobe Illustrator (3) OR|
|CIS120DF||Adobe Photoshop Level I: Digital Imaging (3) OR|
|CIS120DG||Computer Graphics: Macromedia Fireworks (3)||3|
|ART142||Introduction to Digital Photography||3|
|CIS120DC||Adobe Animate: Digital Animation||3|
|CIS120DK||Introduction to Digital Video Editing||3|
|MTC/TCM120||Introduction to Sound Design for Film and Video||3|
|MMT216||Multimedia Project Management (3) OR|
|CIS224||Project Management Microsoft Project for Windows (3)||3|
|CIS233DC||Internet Web Development: Dreamweaver||3|
|CIS108||Electronic Portfolio Development||1|
Meet with an Advisor
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Before signing up for classes, you’ll want to meet with an academic advisor. Together, you’ll lay out a program and career path that suits you best. This step is essential to your academic success.
This Certificate of Completion is associated with
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Multimedia Technology (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=125895).