Academic Plan Type
Certificate of Completion (CCL)
Academic Plan Code
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses within the program.
This program replaces: CCL/5635 Legal Studies
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Legal Studies is designed for students who are interested in pursuing a course of study specifically focused on legal studies. It is one pathway to the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Administration of Justice.
What You’ll Learn
This certificate will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Synthesize multiple sources of information to make timely assessments.
- Solve problems through logical and sound reasoning.
- Communicate orally, visually and in writing precisely, appropriately, and effectively to varied audiences.
- Communicate in the language common to the criminal justice system.
- Collaborate with diverse agencies, community representatives and individuals to achieve common goals.
- Apply the principles and processes of criminal and constitutional law, criminology theory, knowledge of the functions and components of the criminal justice system, and current issues to criminal justice operations.
- Utilize technology to collect, analyze and communicate data.
- Practice professional standards appropriate to the field of criminal justice.
- Subscribe to and practice ethical behavior appropriate to the field of criminal justice.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|AJS109||Substantive Criminal Law||3|
|AJS201||Rules of Evidence||3|
|AJS123||Ethics and the Administration of Justice (3) OR|
|AJS205||Effective Communication and Report Writing in Criminal Justice (3)||3|
|AJS260||Procedural Criminal Law||3|
Meet with an Advisor
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Before signing up for classes, you’ll want to meet with an academic advisor. Together, you’ll lay out a program and career path that suits you best. This step is essential to your academic success.
This Certificate of Completion is associated with
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.
View MCCCD's curriculum website for the Certificate of Completion in Legal Studies (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=139596).
- First Term
- 2019 Fall
- Final Term
- 2020 Summer
- Total Credits
- CIPS code
- SOC codes
- 23-1012.00, 33-1012.00, 33-3011.00, 33-3012.00, 33-3021.00, 33-3021.01, 33-3021.02, 33-3021.03, 33-3051.00, 33-3051.01, 33-9032.00, 43-5031.00
- Program Availability
- CG, EM, GC, MC, PV, PC, RS, SC, SM
- Occupational Area
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections, and Security
- Last Updated
- Financial Aid Eligible?
- This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.