CCL Crime Scene Investigation (HLC/DOE FA Hold)
Academic Plan Code
MCCCD Program Detail
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses within the program.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Crime Scene Investigation is designed to develop knowledge and skills required to investigate and reconstruct crime scenes using scientific evidence and logical analysis. The program provides instruction in criminal investigation procedures, collection and preservation of physical and biological evidence, death investigation techniques, crime scene reconstruction methodology and presentation of testimony in court.
What You’ll Learn
This program will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Synthesize multiple sources of information to make timely assessments.
- Solve problems through logical and sound reasoning.
- Communicate orally, visually and in writing precisely, appropriately, and effectively to varied audiences.
- Communicate in the language common to the criminal justice system.
- Collaborate with diverse agencies, community representatives and individuals to achieve common goals.
- Apply the principles and processes of criminal and constitutional law, criminology theory, knowledge of the functions and components of the criminal justice system, and current issues to criminal justice operations.
- Utilize technology to collect, analyze and communicate data.
- Practice professional standards appropriate to the field of criminal justice.
- Subscribe to and practice ethical behavior appropriate to the field of criminal justice.
- Collect, identify, classify, and analyze physical evidence related to criminal investigations.
Required Courses Credits: 16-18
|AJS213||Evidence Technology/Fingerprints (3) OR|
|AJS243||Crime Scene Reconstruction (3)||3|
|AJS215||Criminalistics: Physical Evidence (3) OR|
|AJS219||Crime Scene Technology: Physical Evidence (3) OR|
|FOR105||Forensic Science: Physical Evidence (4)||3-4|
|AJS216||Criminalistics: Biological Evidence (3) OR|
|FOR106||Forensic Science: Biological Evidence (4)||3-4|
|AJS214||Evidence Technology Photography||3|
|AJS275||Criminal Investigation I||3|
|AJS290BN||Courtroom Testimony Seminar||1|
Meet with an Advisor
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Before signing up for classes, you’ll want to meet with an academic advisor. Together, you’ll lay out a program and career path that suits you best. This step is essential to your academic success.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Crime Scene Investigation (HLC/DOE FA Hold) (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=136653).