AAS Construction Technology
Academic Plan Code
MCCCD Program Detail
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses within the program. + indicates course has a prerequisite and/or corequisites.
The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Construction Technology prepares individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills in carpentry or plumbing or electrical systems in residential and commercial settings. Instruction is in both the theoretical and practical aspects of the construction trade, and includes course work in safety, tools and equipment, construction calculations, blueprint reading, and trade-specific codes, material characteristics, and installation techniques. Certificates of Completion (CCL) and Certificates of Competency (CCT) in Carpentry, Electrical, and Plumbing are also available and are embedded in this AAS.
What You’ll Learn
This program will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Practice Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards in daily work.
- Evaluate construction plans to make informed decisions.
- Interpret construction plans to perform a task.
- Identify potential construction problems.
- Resolve a problem in the construction field.
- Recognize the interrelationships among the construction trades.
- Describe the implications of working in construction trades.
- Effectively work within a team structure.
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrate work quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate professionalism with conduct, ethics, and work practices.
- Use, maintain and secure materials, tools and equipment according to professional standards.
- Maintain the work space according to professional standards.
Meet with an Advisor
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Before signing up for classes, you’ll want to meet with an academic advisor. Together, you’ll lay out a program and career path that suits you best. This step is essential to your academic success.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Associate in Applied Science in Construction Technology (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm3?id=146343).