CCL Automotive Steering and Suspension
Academic Plan Code
MCCCD Program Detail
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for each course listed in the Required Courses area.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Automotive Steering and Suspension provides individuals with the technical knowledge and skills needed by automotive technicians specializing in the area of steering and suspension. The curriculum within this certificate aligns with the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Automobile and Light Truck Certification A4 Test.
See program advisor for additional certificate offerings. An Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Automotive Service is also available.
What You’ll Learn
This program will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Demonstrate safe personal and workplace habits according to industry standards.
- Comply with federal, state and local regulations with respect to the handling, storage, recycling and disposal of hazardous and toxic materials.
- Locate and interpret appropriate service information.
- Apply industry relevant strategies to properly diagnose the root cause of customer reported concerns in automotive steering and suspension.
- Apply industry relevant procedures to properly repair automotive steering and suspension.
- Apply industry relevant procedures to properly service automotive steering and suspension.
- Prepare the vehicle for delivery to the customer according to industry standards.
- Use, maintain, and store automotive tools, equipment and workspace according to professional standards.
- Practice industry accepted ethical behavior.
- Demonstrate industry standard professionalism that includes dress, attendance, communication and customer service.
- Effectively communicate with diverse audiences orally, visually, and in writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and adapt in an evolving technical environment.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|ASE141||Steering, Suspension and Pre-Alignment (2) OR|
|ASE141AU||Steering, Suspension and Pre-Alignment (2)||2|
|ASE241||Advanced Steering, Suspension and Alignment (2) OR|
|ASE241AU||Advanced Steering, Suspension and Alignment (2)||2|
Meet with an Advisor
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Before signing up for classes, you’ll want to meet with an academic advisor. Together, you’ll lay out a program and career path that suits you best. This step is essential to your academic success.
This Certificate of Completion is associated with
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Automotive Steering and Suspension (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=137178).