CCL Automated Industrial Technology II (HLC/DOE FA Hold)
Academic Plan Code
MCCCD Program Detail
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses in the program. This program may require students to be able to lift objects as heavy as 50 pounds.
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Automated Industrial Technology II prepares students to troubleshoot, maintain and repair a variety of automated electro-mechanical, product assembly, process control, and product distribution systems that use programmable controls and other methodologies to accomplish system management. These systems include robotic, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and electronic devices. Through this certificate, graduates will gain the skills to define, integrate, install, program, and maintain complex control systems. Includes preparation for National Institutes of Metalworking Skills (NIMS) certification exams.
What You’ll Learn
This program will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Collaborate with diverse individuals and entities to achieve common goals.
- Install, test and troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
- Analyze AC/DC circuits, and analog and digital systems.
- Calibrate, adjust and test process control systems.
- Install, test, operate and troubleshoot motor drives in an electrical control system.
- Perform, monitor and interpret machine operation.
- Interpret electrical and electronic control and power schematics and measure current, voltage and resistance.
- Analyze and perform preventive and predictive maintenance on robotic and other automated industrial equipment.
- Utilize computer information systems, microcomputer applications, and programming techniques.
- Apply electronic and mechanical fabrication techniques.
- Describe and adhere to safety, health and environmental rules and regulations.
- Practice professional standards of the industry and ethical behavior.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in varied settings in a culturally responsive manner.
Required Courses Credits: 32
Meet with an Advisor
Click here for MCC’s easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Before signing up for classes, you’ll want to meet with an academic advisor. Together, you’ll lay out a program and career path that suits you best. This step is essential to your academic success.
This Certificate of Completion is associated with
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.