AA Associate in Arts, English
Academic Plan Code
MCCCD Program Detail
Students must earn a grade of C or better in each course in the program. + indicates course has prerequisites and/or corequisites.
The Associate in Arts (AA), English (Literature) provides the first two years of a four-year curriculum for students who wish to specialize in literary and cultural studies. With a bachelor`s degree, students may pursue a career in education, publishing, writing, other professional fields, or prepare for application to professional graduate programs.
What You’ll Learn
This program will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Utilize effective written and oral communications skills to meet the needs of various audiences and contexts, with a special emphasis on scholarly concepts and conventions within the field of English studies.
- Perform academic research pertaining to works of literature utilizing scholarly practices and ethical standards.
- Analyze literature and other relevant texts in relation to the social, cultural, and historical contexts within which they are produced and consumed.
- Analyze literature and other relevant texts in relation to genre, movement, national tradition, and themes.
- Synthesize theory, scholarly work, and personal insights to develop and support textual analysis.
This Associate in Arts is associated with
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Associate in Arts in Associate in Arts, English (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm10?id=138105).