CCL Small Business (HLC/DOE FA Hold)
Academic Plan Code
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Small business is designed to help provide students the knowledge and skills needed to apply towards owning a small business. This CCL also helps current small business owners to expand, refine, and update their knowledge in owning a small business.
Suggested Course Plan Sequenced by Semester
Course Sequence by Term
The following is a suggested course sequence by term for the pathway. Students should keep in mind the items below that affect their success in completing the pathway as listed:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term. It is understood that students may enter the program at different times of the year.
- Academic achievement is related to initial course placement determined by course placement tests, completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites, any courses below 100 level, and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor, or program director, or counselor who can assist in assessing student needs that may affect course enrollment. Appropriate resources can be discussed and agreed to in order to address student needs and support successful course completion.
Program Area Key:
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HUM = Humanities, Arts and Design
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social-Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
|RC||ACC107||Bookkeeping Theory And Practice||4|
|RC||CIS131AA||Doing Business on the Internet||1|
|RC||CIS133AA||Internet/Web Development Level I-A||1|
|(Business Start-Up and Planning and
Introduction to Entrepreneurship) or
Owning and Operating a Small Business
|RC||ACC115||Computerized Accounting||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in ACC107 or ACC111 or ACC211 or ACC230, or permission of Instructor.||2|
|RC||SBS204||Small Business Marketing And Advertising||2|
|RC||SBS230||Financial and Tax Management for Small Business||2|
|RC||SBS213||Hiring and Managing Employees||1|
|RC||SBS214||Small Business Customer Relations||1|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC's easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Small Business (HLC/DOE FA Hold) (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=109505).