CCL Fire Investigation
Academic Plan Code
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Fire Investigation program is designed to provide the educational credentials needed to become industry certified as Fire Investigators. Fire Investigation series I-IV is the regional standard in Arizona for professional Fire Investigators in the private and public sectors. The Fire Investigation track of the related Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Emergency Response and Operations degree integrates this CCL's specialized content within a more comprehensive program of study.
Course Sequence by Term
The following is a suggested course sequence by term for the pathway. Students should keep in mind the items below that affect their success in completing the pathway as listed:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term. It is understood that students may enter the program at different times of the year.
- Academic achievement is related to initial course placement determined by course placement tests, completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites, any courses below 100 level, and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor, or program director, or counselor who can assist in assessing student needs that may affect course enrollment. Appropriate resources can be discussed and agreed to in order to address student needs and support successful course completion.
Program Area Key:
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HUM = Humanities and Fine Arts
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social & Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better in all courses within the program
|RC||FSC209||Fire Investigation I||3|
|RC||FSC210||Fire Investigation II||FSC209 OR permission of Instructor||3|
|RC||FSC211||Fire Investigation III||FSC210 OR permission of Instructor||3|
|RC||FSC212||Fire Investigation IV||FSC211 OR permission of Instructor||3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC's easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Firefighter program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Fire Investigation (https://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/acres.woa/wa/freeForm?id=98134).