CCL Early Care Specialist
Academic Plan Code
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Early Care Specialist program prepares students for entry level position in early childhood programs. The sequence of coursework is designed to increase understanding of education and care of young children.
Course Sequence by Term
The following is a suggested course sequence by term for the pathway. Students should keep in mind the items below that affect their success in completing the pathway as listed:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term. It is understood that students may enter the program at different times of the year.
- Academic achievement is related to initial course placement determined by course placement tests, completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites, any courses below 100 level, and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor, or program director, or counselor who can assist in assessing student needs that may affect course enrollment. Appropriate resources can be discussed and agreed to in order to address student needs and support successful course completion.
Program Area Key:
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HUM = Humanities, Arts and Design
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social-Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
|Child Development or
The Developing Child: Prenatal to Age Eight
|RC||EED200||Foundations of Early Childhood Education||Course offered in Fall only||3|
|RC||EED212||Guidance, Management and the Environment||Course offered in Fall only||3|
|RC||ECH128||Early Learning: Play And The Arts||Course offered in Spring only||3|
|Child, Family, Community and Culture or
Introduction to the Exceptional Young Child: Birth to Age Eight or
Early Learning: Language Acquisition and Literacy Development
|EED220 offered in Spring only. EED245 offered in Fall only||3|
|RC||EED215||Early Learning: Health, Safety, Nutrition and Fitness||3|
|RC||EED260||Early Childhood Infant/Toddler Internship||Prerequisites: Permission of Department or Division.||1|
|RC||EED278||Early Learning: Curriculum And Instruction - Birth/Preschool||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in EED200.||Course offered in Fall only||3|
|RC||EED255||Portfolio Development and Writing for the Profession||Prerequisites: Completion of twelve (12) credit hours of EED coursework and permission of Program Coordinator.||3|
|RC||EED261||Early Childhood Preschool Internship||Prerequisites: Permission of Department or Division.||1|
|Electives: Any course from these prefixes except courses used to satisfy above Required Courses or
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC's easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Early Care Education program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Early Care Specialist (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=33638).