CCL Digital Arts: Graphic Design
Academic Plan Code
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Digital Arts: Graphic Design prepares student to work in a specialized field of graphic design as production artists, graphic designers, art directors, pre-press specialists and service bureau personnel. The program emphasizes design and production principles and develops the students knowledge and skills required to solve graphic design and layout problems encountered in various print media. The program is designed for both those seeking to enter a career in graphic art and those already working in the field who wish to advance and update their knowledge and skills.
Course Sequence by Term
The following is a suggested course sequence by term for the pathway. Students should keep in mind the items below that affect their success in completing the pathway as listed:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term. It is understood that students may enter the program at different times of the year.
- Academic achievement is related to initial course placement determined by course placement tests, completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites, any courses below 100 level, and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor, or program director, or counselor who can assist in assessing student needs that may affect course enrollment. Appropriate resources can be discussed and agreed to in order to address student needs and support successful course completion.
Program Area Key:
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HUM = Humanities, Arts and Design
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social-Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
|RC||ART100||Introduction to Computer Graphic Art||1|
|RC||ART183||Computer Aided Graphic Arts I||Prerequisites or Corequisites: ART100 or permission of instructor.||3|
|RC||ART190||Art of Web Site Design||ART100 OR permission of instructor||Course offered in Fall only||3|
|RC||ART169||Two-Dimensional Computer Design||Prerequisites or Corequisites: ART100 or permission of instructor.||3|
|RC||ART283||Computer Aided Graphic Arts II||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in ADA183 or ART183 or permission of Instructor.||Course offered in Spring only||3|
|RC||ART177||Computer-Photographic Imaging||Prerequisites or Corequisites: ART100 or permission of instructor.||3|
|RC||ART142||Introduction to Digital Photography||3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC's easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Digital Arts program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Digital Arts: Graphic Design (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=90352).