CCL Computer Applications: Microsoft Office Specialist/Advanced
Academic Plan Code
Computer Applications: Microsoft Office Specialist/Advanced Track II
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Computer Applications: Microsoft Office Specialist/Advanced program provides advanced skills in computer software applications for a wide variety of occupations. Coursework includes advanced software applications in word processing, electronic spreadsheets, and other office skills. This certificate program is designed to assist students in preparing for the expert examinations for certification as a Microsoft Office Specialist.
Consumer Program Costs and Career Information: Track I
Course Sequence by Term
The following is a suggested course sequence by term for the pathway. Students should keep in mind the items below that affect their success in completing the pathway as listed:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term. It is understood that students may enter the program at different times of the year.
- Academic achievement is related to initial course placement determined by course placement tests, completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites, any courses below 100 level, and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor, or program director, or counselor who can assist in assessing student needs that may affect course enrollment. Appropriate resources can be discussed and agreed to in order to address student needs and support successful course completion.
Program Area Key:
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HUM = Humanities and Fine Arts
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social & Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for each course listed in the Required Courses area
|Living Online or
(MS Outlook: Level I and
Microsoft Outlook: Level II)
|RC||CIS113DE||Microsoft Word: Word Processing||3|
|RC||GBS104||Quality Telephone Techniques||1|
|RC||OAS101||Computer Typing I: Keyboarding and Formatting||3|
|Quality Customer Service or
Quality Customer Service
|Excel Spreadsheet or
(Excel: Level I and
Excel: Level II and
Excel: Level III)
|RC||CIS213DE||Advanced Microsoft Word: Word Processing||CIS113DE or (CIS113AE and CIS113BE and CIS113CE) or permission of instructor||3|
Select from the following courses to meet the Restricted Elective requirement.
|RE||BPC101AC||Introduction to Handheld Devices||1|
|RE||BPC110||Computer Usage and Applications||3|
|Computer Keyboarding I or
Computer Keyboarding I
|RE||CIS121AE||Windows Operating System: Level I||1|
|RE||CIS122AE||Windows Operating System: Level II||1|
|RE||BPC123||Introduction to Speech Recognition (SR)||1|
|RE||CIS133AA||Internet/Web Development Level I-A||1|
|RE||CIS133BA||Internet/Web Development Level I-B||1|
|RE||CIS233AA||Internet/Web Development Level lII-A||1|
|RE||CIS233BA||Internet/Web Development Level II-B||1|
|RE||OAS125||Introduction to the Professional Office||3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC's easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Business program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Computer Applications: Microsoft Office Specialist/Advanced (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=110708).