CCL Automotive Electrical Systems
Academic Plan Code
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Automotive Electrical Systems program provides students the opportunity to learn the theory and practical skills necessary to service automotive vehicles. This CCL will introduce students to the theory, diagnosis, service and repair of automotive electrical systems in vehicles, including the brake and the air conditioning systems. Courses in the CCL may include lecture and lab components to provide suitable classroom related material/theory, combined with hands-on learning experiences. Courses in the CCL are National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) accredited and aligned with the professional certification standards from National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE). This alignment can help prepare for ASE professional certification exams. Courses in this CCL are designed to help students gain insight into specific aspects of the automotive service industry. The courses contained in the CCL can be combined with courses in other CCLs and be directly applied to the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree in Automotive Performance Technology.
Course Sequence by Term
The following is a suggested course sequence by term for the pathway. Students should keep in mind the items below that affect their success in completing the pathway as listed:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term. It is understood that students may enter the program at different times of the year.
- Academic achievement is related to initial course placement determined by course placement tests, completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites, any courses below 100 level, and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor, or program director, or counselor who can assist in assessing student needs that may affect course enrollment. Appropriate resources can be discussed and agreed to in order to address student needs and support successful course completion.
Program Area Key:
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HUM = Humanities, Arts and Design
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social-Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for each course listed in the Required Courses area
|RC||APT101||Automotive Service Operations||3|
|RC||APT161||Auto Electrical/Electronic Systems I||Course offered in Fall only||4|
|RC||APT151||Automotive Brake Systems||Course offered in Spring only||4|
|RC||APT171||Automotive Air Conditioning||Course offered in Spring only||4|
|RC||APT262||Auto Electrical/Electronic Systems II||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in APT161 or permission of Instructor.||Course offered in Spring only||4|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC's easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Automotive Performance program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Automotive Electrical Systems (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=109178).