CCL Automation Technology Level II
Academic Plan Code
Industrial Technology II
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Automation Technology Level II program allows students to be able to evaluate and troubleshoot minor system problems and contribute to their solution or correction. Companies may authorize these employees to perform specific repairs and adjustments. If there are major system problems, this person is expected to recognize the situation and report the technical information to the appropriate repair person.
Course Sequence by Term
The following is a suggested course sequence by term for the pathway. Students should keep in mind the items below that affect their success in completing the pathway as listed:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term. It is understood that students may enter the program at different times of the year.
- Academic achievement is related to initial course placement determined by course placement tests, completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites, any courses below 100 level, and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor, or program director, or counselor who can assist in assessing student needs that may affect course enrollment. Appropriate resources can be discussed and agreed to in order to address student needs and support successful course completion.
Program Area Key:
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HUM = Humanities, Arts and Design
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social-Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
|RC||ATP100||Introduction to Manufacturing and Programmable Logic Controllers||3|
|RC||ATP106||Industrial Electrical Systems||3|
|RC||ATP111||Mechanical Systems and Maintenance||3|
|RC||ATP201||Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Systems||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in (ATP100 and ATP106) or permission of Instructor.||3|
|RC||ATP205||Electric Motors and Controls||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in (ATP100 and ATP106) or permission of Instructor.||3|
|RC||ATP210||Process Control||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in (ATP100 and ATP106) or permission of Instructor.||3|
|Industrial Safety or
Industrial Safety or
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC's easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Automation Technology program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Automation Technology Level II (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=107454).