CCL Audio Production Technologies
Academic Plan Code
Audio Production Technologies Track 1 Audio Production
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Audio Production Technologies program offers students an opportunity to receive training on industry-standard equipment. Students learn the concepts and theory associated with recording arts technologies while applying them in lab settings appropriate to their skill levels. Students completing the Audio Production program will gain the knowledge base, competency, and confidence they need to enter the commercial music marketplace. An Associate in Applied Science (AAS) is also available. MC, PV
Track I - Audio Production: GC, PC, SC
Track II - Sound Design: GC, PC, SC
Course Sequence by Term
The following is a suggested course sequence by term for the pathway. Students should keep in mind the items below that affect their success in completing the pathway as listed:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term. It is understood that students may enter the program at different times of the year.
- Academic achievement is related to initial course placement determined by course placement tests, completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites, any courses below 100 level, and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor, or program director, or counselor who can assist in assessing student needs that may affect course enrollment. Appropriate resources can be discussed and agreed to in order to address student needs and support successful course completion.
Program Area Key:
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HUM = Humanities and Fine Arts
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social & Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
|Studio Music Recording I or
Studio Music Recording I
|RC||MTC191||Electronic Music I||3|
|RC||MTC103||Introduction to Aural Perception||1|
|RC||MTC101||Introduction to Music Theory||3|
|RC||MUC109||Music Business: Merchandising and the Law||3|
|RC||MUC111||Digital Audio Workstation I (DAW I)||MUC195 OR MUC195AA, OR TCM/VPT105 OR permission of instructor||3|
|Studio Music Recording II or
Studio Music Recording II
|MUC195 OR MUC195AA||3|
|RC||MTC192||Electronic Music II||MTC191||3|
|Music Business: Recording and Mass Media or
Recording Studio Business Operations
|RC||MUC112||Digital Audio Workstation II (DAW II)||MUC111, AND (MUC195 or MUC195AA)||3|
|RC||MUC197||Live Sound Reinforcement I||3|
|RC||MUC295||Studio Music Recording III||MUC196||3|
|RC||MUC198||Live Sound Reinforcement II||MUC197||3|
|RC||MUC297AA||Music Internship||Permission of Department or Division||1|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC's easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Audio Production Technologies program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Audio Production Technologies (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=108462).