CCL Applications in Geospatial Technologies
Academic Plan Code
Applications in Geospatial Technologies Track I: Technician
The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Applications in Geospatial Technologies program provides a solid foundation in Geographic Information Systems concepts, not simply GIS software. This program equips students with fundamental GIS abilities that can be applied in a variety of environments where spatial data analysis is required.
Track I: Technician
Track II: Analyst/Developer
Track III: Transfer Emphasis
Course Sequence by Term
The following is a suggested course sequence by term for the pathway. Students should keep in mind the items below that affect their success in completing the pathway as listed:
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term. It is understood that students may enter the program at different times of the year.
- Academic achievement is related to initial course placement determined by course placement tests, completion of 100-200 level course pre-/corequisites, any courses below 100 level, and program prerequisites.
- Students should meet with an academic advisor, or program director, or counselor who can assist in assessing student needs that may affect course enrollment. Appropriate resources can be discussed and agreed to in order to address student needs and support successful course completion.
Program Area Key:
- Critical Rdg = Critical Reading
- FYC = First Year Composition
- HUM = Humanities, Arts and Design
- Mathematics = Mathematics
- NS = Natural Science
- Oral Comm = Oral Communication
- PP = Program Prerequisite
- SB = Social-Behavioral Sciences
- RC = Required Courses
- RE = Restricted Electives
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better for all courses required within the program.
|PP||CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems||3|
|RC||GIS205||Geographic Information Technologies||3|
|Introduction to Human Geography or
Introduction to Physical Geography
|RC||GIS211||Geographic Information Science I||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS105, or CSC180, or permission of Instructor.||4|
|RC||CIS163AA||Java Programming: Level I||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in CIS105 or permission of Instructor.||3|
|RC||CIS117DM||Microsoft Access: Database Management||3|
|RC||GIS223||Introduction to Digital Image Processing||4|
|RC||GIS220||Introduction to ArcPy Scripting||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in GIS211.||3|
|RC||GIS222||Geographic Information Science II||Prerequisites: A grade of C or better in GIS211 or permission of Instructor.||4|
|Special Projects||Prerequisites: Permission of Program Director or Instructor.||1–3|
Ready to get started?
Follow one of the options below to get started on your personal career pathway.
Click here for MCC's easy-to-use Enrollment Steps.
Learn more about and find contact information for the Geospatial Technologies program.
Ask general questions over the phone at 480-461-7400 or via online chat.
All information is administered by the Center for Curriculum and Transfer Articulation at Maricopa County Community College District and published is subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented, but based on the dynamic nature of the curricular process, course and program information is subject to change in order to reflect the most current information available.
View MCCCD's program website for the Certificate of Completion in Applications in Geospatial Technologies (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=101574).