You Belong at MCC
In an effort to enrich the educational experience of our students and create an inclusive work environment, MCC is recruiting candidates for a variety of positions. As part of our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, we are expanding our recruitment practices and actively seeking candidates from a wide range of backgrounds. I encourage you to learn more about MCC. Thank you for exploring employment at MCC and for aspiring to become part of our family of professionals dedicated to student success.
Dr. Lori Berquam
Interim MCC President
Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At MCC, the experiences, perspectives, and contributions of all people are honored. We believe that being diverse in name and number is not enough; rather, diversity must be at the center of who we are. We continuously adapt and respond to differences with a single focus - to create a welcoming, safe, equitable and inclusive environment that ensures all students and employees have the support and knowledge to succeed and lead.
MCC is committed to building a workplace that reflects our community and student population. Our goal is that our students and employees have the knowledge and skills necessary to excel, lead, navigate, and compete in a diverse world. We encourage you to consider joining us.
Eliminate Student Achievement Gaps
MCC is committed to eliminating achievement gaps among minority and underrepresented students by decreasing disparities in enrollment, retention, and graduation rates. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategic priority and Guided Pathways Transformation focus on equity and have specific goals to increase the course success, retention, and completion rates of all groups.
Foster an Inclusive Campus Climate
Working with an expert diversity consultant, we are currently assessing the college’s climate and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) efforts via an environmental scan, climate surveys, and focus groups. The results will provide suggested structures, trainings, and processes to foster an inclusive campus climate and inform the creation of our DEI Framework and DEI Strategic Plan.
Recruit and Retain a Diverse Workforce
Meaningful connections among students, faculty and staff is a hallmark of student success. To ensure students identify with our campus community, MCC is committed to make certain that our workforce reflects the composition of our student body and engages with them in culturally relevant ways.
MCC Diversity Facts
- 32% of our students are Hispanic, making MCC a Hispanic Serving Institution.
- 51% of MCC students are first in their families to attend college.
- More than 45% of students and more than 22% of employees are minorities.
- MCC is ranked 8th in the nation for successful completion of Native American students.
Resources that support our students and community
- Disability Resources and Services provides equal access to students in their educational and campus experiences.
- The Children’s Center supports student parents with affordable, high quality childcare.
- Veteran Services assists veterans and active duty military members and their families to maximize their educational benefits.
- International Education helps MCC welcome more than 400 international students representing 60 countries and provides study abroad opportunities.
- American Indian Institute supports the largest population of Native American college students in Arizona.
- Multicultural Affairs provides opportunities to access higher education and support for academic success to underrepresented and culturally diverse populations.
- Student Success Programs cover a range opportunities, from English as a Second Language support services to specialty programs for foster youth to mentoring specialty services for students in foundational classes.
- Foundations for Student Success provides intensive preparation for students who test into developmental coursework and success workshops on topics ranging from test preparation to building relationships with faculty.
- Student Life & Leadership offers a wide range of clubs and student leadership programs.