Learning Facilitator III (Adjunct Instructor Tutor)
Learning Enhancement Center
Flexible Hours—Tutor Schedules Vary
$16.73 Starting Rate—Higher Rate Possible with Training and Experience
Application Due Date
Rolling Dates; Applications Always Accepted
Provide both individual and group tutoring on a drop-in or appointment basis, depending on the site location, in specific disciplines—such as mathematics, chemistry, computer science, biology, English and a Second Language, English composition, or foreign language. Work contacts include students, faculty, and staff. Equipment used is standard office equipment.
- 90% Provides individual and small group tutoring
- 10% Provide student status and recommendations to supervisors when asked, attend all required training activities, and complete other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in relevant area and college teaching experience
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0; Minimum GPA in relevant subject area(s) of 3.5
- Demonstrated knowledge of course content for subjects tutored
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Ability to maintain confidentiality about student and employee information
- Excellent customer service skills
- Tutoring experience in a college or university setting
Please go to the Learning Enhancement Center office on the first floor of the Elsner Library to receive an application to fill out and turn in to the Director along with a copy of your resume and transcripts demonstrating course or degree completion (unofficial transcripts are accepted).
Centers Open Monday through Thursday 9:00 am – 7:00 pm and Friday 9:00 am— 1:00 pm
The Maricopa County Community College District is an EEO/AA institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.