Seeking qualified candidates committed to quality teaching and learning and service excellence. Ability to innovate and a commitment to active citizenship and diversity are a must.
Please go to Adjunct Faculty Association Hiring Resources for more information: AFA Hiring Resources
Minimum Requirements for Academic Areas
- The Academic Teaching Fields require the following from an accredited college or university:
- a master’s degree in the teaching field, or
- master's in any teaching field with 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching field.
- EDU 250 - Teaching and Learning in the Community College -- or equivalent must be completed within two years of date of hire.
Minimum Requirements for Occupational Areas
The Occupational Teaching Fields require the following from an accredited college or university:
- the same qualifications as those listed for Academic Teaching Fields, or
- a bachelor's degree plus 3 years work experience in field to be taught, or
- an associate's degree or 64 semester hours and 5 years work experience in the field to be taught, or
- 5 years work experience in the field to be taught.
- EDU 250 - Teaching and Learning in the Community College-or equivalent must be completed within two years of date of hire.
Please note that some disciplines have minimum requirements exceptions. See special minimum requirements at: https://hr.maricopa.edu/jobs/how-to-apply/adjunct-teaching-part-time
Opportunities in the following disciplines:
- American Sign Language
- Chicano Studies
- Computer Information Systems –Multi-Media such as: C++; Visual Basic; Adobe & Game Design
- Computer Science – CSC
- Interior Design – Introduction to Revit & Presentation Techniques
- Mathematic - Day & Evening at Southern & Dobson & Red Mountain campus
- Women Studies