Scholarships available to top 20% of high school class within Maricopa County Schools and other students with higher than a 3.25 District Wide GPA are also eligible for a scholarship
- Honors Scholarships available for those who qualify
- More one-on-one academic advisement and program review by designated faculty advisors
- Customized Honors curriculum
- Small class sizes - averaging 20 students
- Individual attention
- Experienced faculty - not teaching assistants
With honors classes in 20+ different disciplines you have the opportunity to participate in faculty research projects.
What Students Say
"I graduated in the top five percent of my high school class so I had a number of options for college. After researching my options extensively, I chose the Honors Program at Mesa Community College. I plan to transfer to Arizona State University and major in Engineering. I'm confident my education at MCC is preparing me for a smooth transfer and continued academic success."
Rob Webb Westwood High School Graduate
Be Recognized for Academic Excellence
Mesa Community College - a leading US Institution of higher education.
For more than 40 years, Mesa Community College has built a reputation for providing a first rate intellectual learning environment that is responsive, adaptable and inclusive. Today, with more than 26,000 students, MCC is one of the largest community colleges in the United States. Our mission is to promote learning, preparing individuals for active citizenship in a diverse global society.
At MCC, you will receive a quality two-year education from a respected college while enjoying a robust student life - all at an affordable tuition rate. After graduating from MCC, you can transfer to a university and complete your bachelor's degree.
Graduate from the Honors Program!
To graduate from the Honors Program, students must meet the following requirements:
- To graduate from the Honors Program, a student must be eligible to graduate from the college and must meet the additional requirements that include a 3.5 MCCCD cumulative district-wide grade point average, completion of fifteen (15) credit hours in Honors coursework.
- Complete the Steps to Graduation and submit your application on time to the Advisement Office as well as contact the Honors Office for a Graduation Audit
If you have fulfilled all these requirements we will add your name to the list of Honors Graduates.
The MCC education has been shown to positively impact the academic performance of students in their university studies. In fact, a recent study of MCC students who transferred to an Arizona state university revealed that as the number of MCC transfer credits increased, so did the student's first-year GPA at the university (with an average of 3.0 for all MCC students). See the Steps to Transfer.
Earn transferable college credit while experiencing a foreign culture. MCC's study abroad programs enable you the opportunity to study in different cultures and provides free time to explore unique areas of the world. MCC offers Study Abroad programs to Europe, Ireland, Mexico, Spain, Belgium, China and Italy.