Catalog Under Which A Student Graduates
Students maintaining continuous enrollment at any public Arizona community college or university may graduate according to the requirements of the catalog in effect at the time of initial enrollment or according to the requirements of any single catalog in effect during subsequent terms of continuous enrollment. Students may maintain continuous enrollment whether attending a single public community college or university in Arizona or transferring among public institutions in Arizona while pursuing their degrees.
University Department Time Limit for Completing Coursework
In areas of study in which the subject matter changes rapidly, material in courses taken long before graduation may become obsolete or irrelevant. Coursework that is more than eight years old is applicable to completion of degree requirements at the discretion of the student's major department. Departments may accept such coursework, reject it, or request that the student revalidate its substance. The eight-year limit on coursework applies except when program accreditation agencies limit the life of coursework to less than eight years. Departments may also require students to satisfy current major requirements rather than major requirements in earlier catalogs, when completing earlier requirements is no longer possible or educationally sound. The college reserves the right to make necessary course and program changes in order to meet current educational standards.
General Graduation Requirements
All students are required to complete the degree and/or certificate requirements as approved by the MCCCD Governing Board. The college reserves the right to make necessary course and program changes in order to meet current educational standards. In addition, students must:
- Be credited, in the Office of Admissions and Records, with no fewer than 60 semester credit units in courses numbered 100 or above for the Associate in Arts degree, Associate in Science degree, Associate in Transfer Partnership degree, and Associate in General Studies degree
- Be credited, in the Office of Admissions and Records, with no fewer than 60 semester credit units in courses numbered 100 or above for the Associate in Applied Science degree
- Be credited, in the Office of Admissions and Records, with no fewer than 60 semester credit units in courses numbered 100 or above for the Associate in Business degree
- Be credited, for specific certificate programs, with no fewer than the minimum total of credit units required for the certificate program.
- Have earned a minimum of 15 semester credit units toward the degree or certificate at the college granting the degree or certificate. In cases where the certificate requires fewer than 15 credit units, a minimum of six credit units must be completed at the college awarding the certificate.
- Have filed an application for the degree or certificate with the Office of Admissions and Records on the date determined by the college/center. Students must apply for graduation from the college where they have successfully completed Block 4 of the Associate in Applied Science in Nursing.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.000 at the college granting the degree
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.000 in all courses used to fulfill degree requirements. Some specific programs have higher grade requirements. It is the student's responsibility to be aware of these program requirements.
- Have removed, thirty (30) days after the anticipated graduation date, all deficiencies on the record to use those courses toward program completion
- Have removed any indebtedness to any MCCCD college /center
If you can answer all questions with a YES - you qualify for Graduation.
Certificates / Degrees
The Maricopa Community Colleges offer Certificates of Completion as well as Associate Degrees, one of which is conferred on each student who has completed a program of study. These certificates and degrees are as follows:
Certificate of Completion (Career Program Specified); Academic Certificate; General Education Certificate; Associate in Arts; Associate in Science; Associate in Business; Associate in General Studies; Associate in Transfer Partnership; Associate in Applied Science(Career Program Specified). All candidates for a degree and/or certificate must complete the General Graduation Requirements as approved by the MCCCD Governing Board.
All students are urged to meet with a faculty advisor, program advisor, or counselor as soon as possible to determine which program meets their needs and to plan their course of study.
For more details and additional requirements and limitations please review the Catalog.
It's Your Responsibility
Contact your advisor for specific questions about your program of study or graduation requirements or visit the Advisement & Registration Services website.