Eligibility Requirements for Summer Aid
All federal and financial aid programs have specific eligibility requirements for summer and may differ between programs.
- You must be pursuing an eligible degree at MCC
- MCC must have your completed 2022-2023 FAFSA information
- You must be enrolled in courses that are required for your degree program
- You must be meeting the Standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress
Important Dates for Summer 2023
|Sessions:||10 weeks||1st 5 weeks||8 weeks||2nd 5 weeks|
|Priority File Complete date||4/1/2023||4/1/2023||4/1/2023||4/1/2023|
|Tuition due date check on Student Center, click on the calendar deadline icon for 100% refund dates.||5/22/2023||5/22/2023||5/22/2023||5/22/2023|
Funds will disburse 9 business days prior to your earliest class start date.
|Consortium Agreements Due
The Host school's summer term start and end dates must coincide with MCC's summer term dates.
|Pell Recalculation Date
Last day to adjust your class schedule. Pell grant amounts will be based on the classes you're enrolled in on this date.
|Start of FA disbursements - FA funds are applied to students' MCC accounts||6/6/2023||6/6/2023||6/6/2023||7/11/2023|
|1st Loan Disbursement - applied to students' MCC accounts||6/6/2023||6/6/2023||6/6/2023||7/11/2023|
|SAP & MTF Appeals deadline||6/9/2023||6/9/2023||6/9/2023||6/9/2023|
|30 Day Delay Loans Released
Loan disbursement dates for 1st-year students who are 1st-time student-loan borrowers.
|2nd Loan Disbursement (midpoint)||7/6/2023||6/14/2023||6/27/2023||7/19/2023|
Late-starting courses - Classes that do not start on 5/30/2023 or 7/3/2023 (for the 2nd 5-week session) are considered late-start classes. Funds for late-start classes will be disbursed 3 days after the start of your earliest class.
NOTE: If you do not maintain your original level of enrollment or you drop a course or do not attend your class(es) or a class you're enrolled in gets canceled, your aid will be adjusted accordingly and you may incur a debt.
Levels of enrollment: full-time)12+ credits), 3/4 time (9-11 credits), half-time (6-8 credits).
Financial aid refunds will only be sent if you've been awarded. If you've signed up for direct deposit please allow 2-7 business days after the dates listed for financial aid disbursements. If you did not sign up for direct deposit you will receive a paper check which may take 7-14 business days after the dates listed for financial aid disbursements.
Summer Financial Aid Steps:
- Register for summer classes. Note: you must be registered for summer classes for financial aid consideration.
- Make payment arrangements for your summer tuition
- Complete the 2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Student Aid FAFSA.
- Check your status regularly on your Student Center
- Check your Task To-Do List and your Maricopa student email to see what documents are required
- Allow 1-2 weeks processing time once all documents have been submitted
- Review your Award Summary by clicking on the Financial Aid tile on your Student Center. Note: Grants are automatically accepted, but loans must be accepted or declined, if applicable.
Criteria For Summer Financial Aid
- Pell Grant eligibility is year-round and will be based on any unused Pell Grant funds from the 2022-2023 award year
- Unused funds are determined by your EFC and your level of enrollment for fall 2022, spring 2023, and summer 2023 semesters
- If you've received 100% of your pell grant for the 2022-2023 award year, you might be eligible for a summer Pell Grant if you're enrolled in 6 credits or more of eligible courses
Direct Loans, Private Loans, and PLUS Loan
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits of eligible courses
- You will be offered a student loan if you have not reached your annual loan limit for the 2022-2023 academic year and if you have not reached your total undergraduate aggregate loan limit
Maricopa Grant (Funding is limited and restricted)
Maricopa Grant is only available for the first five-week summer session. To be eligible:
- Only available for classes taken at MCC that start before June 23
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 3 credits of eligible courses
- You must be enrolled in at least one (1) financial aid eligible credit for Pell Grant funds
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 financial aid eligible credits for student loans
- Consortium Agreements must be submitted by the deadline date June 1, 2023
Federal Work Study
Federal Work Study is available during summer as a student and as a non-student; conditions apply, and funding is limited. Before you can be offered FWS you must secure a job on campus. Visit Career Services for job postings.
Student (taking summer classes)
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours during the summer
- You must have unmet financial need for 2022-2023
- If you are enrolled after July 1, 2023, MCC must have your 2023-2024 FAFSA information
Non-Student (not taking summer classes)
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours at MCC for Fall 2023
- You must have your 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 FAFSA information on file at MCC
- All required 2023-2024 documents must be received and processed prior to start of employment
- Earnings will be counted as a resource for 2023-2024
Financial Aid Adjustments
Your financial aid may be adjusted if:
- you do not maintain your original level of enrollment
- you do not attend your class or classes
- you drop your late-start class/es
- a class or classes you're enrolled in gets canceled
Adjustments to your financial aid may cause you to incur a debt.