Eligibility Requirements for Summer Aid
All federal and financial aid programs have specific eligibility requirements for summer and may differ between programs.
- MCC must have your completed 2021-2022 FAFSA information
- You must be pursuing a financial aid eligible degree at MCC and be enrolled in classes for that degree program
- You must be enrolled in summer classes and they must be required for your degree program
- You must be meeting the Standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Your summer Pell grant eligibility will be based on any unused Pell grant funds for the 2021-2022 academic year
- If you've used 100% of your pell grant for the 2020-2021 academic year, you must be enrolled in 6 or more credits for summer to receive additional Pell grant funds
Important Dates for Summer 2021
|Sessions:||10 weeks||1st 5 weeks||8 weeks||2nd 5 weeks|
Funds will disburse 9 business days prior to your earliest class start date.
|Consortium Agreements Due
The Host school's summer term start date and end date must coincide with MCC's summer term dates.
|Pell Recalculation Date
Last day to adjust your class schedule. Pell grant amounts will be based on the classes you're enrolled in on this date.
|Start of FA disbursements - FA funds are applied to student's MCC account||6/7/2022||6/7/2022||6/7/2022||7/12/2022|
|1st Loan Disbursement - applied to student's MCC account||6/7/2022||6/7/2022||6/7/2022||7/12/2022|
|SAP & MTF Appeals deadline||6/7/2022||6/7/2022||6/7/2022||6/7/2022|
|30 Day Delay Loans Released
Loan disbursement dates for 1st-year students who are 1st-time student-loan borrowers.
|2nd Loan Disbursement (midpoint)||7/6/2022||6/15/2022||6/28/2022||7/20/2022|
Late-starting courses - Classes that do not start on 5/31/2022 or 7/5/2022 (for the 2nd 5-week session) are considered late start classes. Funds for late start classes will be disbursed 3 days after the start of your earliest class.
NOTE: If your original level of enrollment is not maintained, meaning you never attended a class(es) you're enrolled in, you drop your late starting class(es), or your class(es) gets canceled your aid will be adjusted accordingly and a debt may be created.
Financial aid refunds will only be sent if you've been awarded. If you've signed up for direct deposit please allow 2-7 business days after the dates listed for financial aid disbursements. If you did not sign up for direct deposit you will receive a paper check which may take 7-14 business days after the dates listed for financial aid disbursements.
- Register for summer classes
- Make payment arrangements for your summer tuition
- Complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA if you haven't already done so
- Check your status regularly on your Student CenterTask -To Do List
- Complete all items on your Student Center To Do List
NOTE: Allow 9-14 business days for processing once all documents have been submitted
Summer Requirements for Direct Loans, Private Loans, and PLUS Loan
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for the summer term
- You will be offered a student loan if you have not reached your annual loan limit for the 2021-2022 academic year and if you have not reached your total undergraduate aggregate loan limit
Summer Requirements for Maricopa Grant (Funding is limited)
Maricopa Grant is only available for the first five-week summer session. To be eligible:
- you must be enrolled in a minimum of 3 credit hours
- you must be meeting the Standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress
Your financial aid may be adjusted if:
- you do not maintain your original level of enrollment
- you do not attend your class or classes
- you drop your late-start class/es
- a class or classes you're enrolled in gets canceled
Adjustments to your financial aid may cause you to incur a debt.
Federal Work Study is available during summer as a student and as a non-student; conditions apply, and funding is limited. Before you can be offered FWS you must secure a job on campus. Visit Career and Re-Entry Services for job postings.
Student (taking summer classes)
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours during the summer
- You must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress
- You must have unmet financial need for 2021-2022
- If you are enrolled after July 1, 2022, MCC must have your 2022-2023 FAFSA information
Non-Student (not taking summer classes)
- You must be enrolled at MCC for Fall 2022
- You must have your 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 FAFSA information on file at MCC
- All your To Do List items must be completed for both the 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 academic years
- You must have unmet financial need for 2021-2022.
- You must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Earnings will be counted as a resource for 2022-2023