Students who meet the requirements below will be offered the aid they are eligible for.
Important Dates for Summer 2019
|Sessions:||10 week||1st 5 weeks||8 week||2nd 5 weeks|
Funds will disburse 9 business days prior to your earliest class start date.
|Consortium Agreements Due
Host school must have summer term start and end dates that coincide with MCC's summer term dates.
|Pell Recalculation Date
Last day to adjust your class schedule. Pell grant amounts will be based on the classes you're enrolled in on this date.
|Start of FA disbursements - FA funds are applied to student's MCC account||6/4/2019||6/4/2019||6/4/2019||7/9/2019|
|1st Loan Disbursement - applied to student's MCC account||6/4/2019||6/4/2019||6/4/2019||7/9/2019|
|SAP & MTF Appeals deadline||6/13/2019||6/13/2019||6/13/2019||6/13/2019|
|30 Day Delay Loans Released
Loan disbursement dates for 1st-year students who are 1st-time student-loan borrowers.
|2nd Loan Disbursement (midpoint) for students who are offered a loan for 1 semester only||7/2/2019||6/14/2019||6/26/2019||7/17/2019|
*Late-starting courses - Classes that do not start on 5/28/2019 or 7/1/2019 (for the 2nd 5-week session) are considered late start classes. Funds for late start classes will be disbursed 3 days after the start of your earliest class.
If you do not maintain your original level of enrollment, or have 'not attended', or 'dropped' your late starting class(es), and/or your class gets canceled, your aid will be adjusted accordingly and you may incur a debt.
Financial aid refunds will only be sent if you've been awarded. If you've signed up for direct deposit please allow 2-7 business days after the dates listed for financial aid disbursements. If you did not sign up for direct deposit you will receive a paper check which may take 7-14 business days after the dates listed for financial aid disbursements.
Eligibility Requirements for Summer Aid
All federal and financial aid programs have specific eligibility requirements for summer and may differ between programs.
- MCC must have your completed 2018-2019 FAFSA information.
- You must be seeking an eligible degree at MCC. We will not offer you aid if you are planning to attend MCC only for the summer.
- You must be a continuing MCC student from the fall 2018 and/or spring 2019, or be planning to continue at MCC for fall 2019.
- You must be enrolled in summer classes and they must be required for your degree program.
- You must be meeting the Standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Your summer Pell grant eligibility will be based on any unused Pell grant funds for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- If you've used 100% of your pell grant for the 2018-2019 award your, you must be enrolled in 6 or more credits for summer to receive an additional Pell grant.
Basic Summer Financial Aid Process
- Register for summer classes, and fall classes if this is your first semester at MCC
- Make payment arrangements for your summer tuition
- Complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA (if you have not) and the 2019-2020 FAFSA
- Check your Student Center To Do List and Message Center at least once a week
- Complete all items on your Student Center To Do List
Summer Requirements for a Direct Loans, Private Loans, and PLUS Loan.
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for summer.
- You will be offered a student loan if you have not reached your annual loan limit for the 2018-2019 academic year, or if you have not reached your total undergraduate aggregate loan limit.
Summer Requirements for Maricopa Grant (Funding is limited)
Maricopa Grant is only available for the first five-week summer session. To be eligible:
- you must be enrolled in a minimum of 3 credit hours
- you must be meeting the Standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress
Your financial aid may be adjusted if:
- you do not maintain your original level of enrollment
- you do not attend your class or classes
- you drop your late-start class/es
- a class or classes you're enrolled in gets canceled
Adjustments to your financial aid may cause you to incur a debt.
Federal work study
Federal Work Study is available during summer as a student and as a non-student; conditions apply, funding is limited. Before you can be offered FWS you must secure a job on campus. Visit Career and Re-Entry Services for job postings.
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours during summer.
- You must have unmet need for 2018-2019.
- If you are enrolled after July 1, 2019, MCC must have your 2019-2020 FAFSA information.
- You must be enrolled at MCC for Fall 2019
- You must have your 2019-2020 FAFSA information on file at MCC
- You must have unmet need for 2019-2020.
- Earnings will be counted as a resource for 2019-2020
- You must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress