Students who meet the requirements below will be offered the aid they are eligible for.
Important Dates for Summer 2018
|Sessions:||10 week||1st 5 weeks||8 week||2nd 5 weeks|
|Priority Filing Date||4/02/2018||4/02/2018||4/02/2018||4/02/2018|
To view 100% refund dates, go to your class schedule on your Student Center and click on the calendar icon.
Funds will disburse 9 business days prior to your earliest class start date.
|Consortium Agreements Due
Host school must have summer term start and end dates that coincide with MCC's summer term dates.
|Pell Recalculation Date
Last day to adjust your class schedule if you are Pell grant eligible. Pell grant amounts will not increase for classes added after this date.
|Start of FA disbursements||6/5/2018||6/5/2018||6/5/2018||7/5/2018|
|1st Loan Disbursement||6/5/2018||6/5/2018||6/5/2018||7/5/2018|
|SAP & MTF Appeals deadline||6/7/2018||6/7/2018||6/7/2018||6/7/2018|
|30 Day Delay Loans Released
Loan disbursement dates for 1st-year students who are 1st-time student-loan borrowers.
|2nd Loan Disbursement||7/3/2018||6/14/2018||6/26/2018||7/18/2018|
*Classes that do not start on 5/29/2018 or 7/2/2018 (for 2nd 5-week session) are considered late start classes. Funds for late start classes will be disbursed 3 days after the start of your earliest class.
If you do not maintain your original level of enrollment, or have 'not attended', or 'dropped' your late starting class(es), and/or your class gets canceled, your aid will be adjusted accordingly and you may incur a debt.
If you are enrolled in the Maricopa Student Refund Program, your financial aid funds will not be deposited into your bank account or your Maricopa ONE Card until after you are awarded. Allow 2-7 business days after the dates listed for financial aid disbursements.
Eligibility Requirements for Summer Aid
All federal and financial aid programs have specific eligibility requirements for summer and may differ between programs.
- MCC must have your completed 2017-2018 FAFSA information.
- You must be seeking an eligible degree at MCC. We will not offer you aid if you are planning to attend MCC only for the summer.
- You must be a continuing MCC student from the fall 2017 and/or spring 2018, or be planning to continue at MCC for fall 2018.
- You must be enrolled in summer classes and they must be required for your degree program.
- You must be meeting the Standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Your summer Pell grant eligibility will be based on any unused Pell grant funds from the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018
- If you've used 100% of your pell grant for the 2017-2018 award your, you must be enrolled in 6or more credits for summer to receive additional an additional pell grant.
Basic Summer Financial Aid Process
- Register for summer classes, and fall classes if this is your first semester at MCC
- Make payment arrangements for your summer tuition
- Complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA (if you have not) and the 2018-2019 FAFSA
- Check your Student Center To Do List and Message Center at least once a week
- Complete all items on your Student Center To Do List
Summer Requirements for a Direct Loan
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for summer.
- You will not be offered a student loan if you have reached your annual loan limit for the 2017-2018 academic year, or if you have reached your total undergraduate aggregate loan limit.
Summer Requirements for Maricopa Grant (Funding is limited)
Maricopa Grant is only available for the first five-week summer session. To be eligible:
- you must be enrolled in a minimum of 3 credit hours
- you must be meeting the Standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress
Your financial aid may be adjusted if:
- you do not maintain your original level of enrollment
- you do not attend your class/es
- you drop your late-start class/es
- a class/es you are enrolled in gets canceled
Adjustments to your financial aid may cause you to incur a debt.
Federal work study
Federal Work Study is available during summer as a student and as a non-student; conditions apply, funding is limited. Before you can be offered FWS you must secure a job on campus. Visit Career and Re-Entry Services for job postings.
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours during summer.
- You must have unmet need for 2017-2018.
- If you are enrolled after July 1, 2018, MCC must have your 2018-2019 FAFSA information.
- You must be enrolled at MCC for Fall 2018
- You must have your 2018-2019 FAFSA information on file at MCC
- You must have unmet need for 2018-2019.
- Earnings will be counted as a resource for 2018-2019.
- You must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress