Care Team Contact
Contact Melissa Kay Turnbull
Resources for Faculty and Staff
Academic Misconduct Referral?
When faculty members have a concern about a student for any reason, please reach out to the student to attain further information. Ask the student to meet with you during office hours or send the student an email. For advice on reaching out to students, please contact a department chair or manager of conduct, or the dean of your department. Depending on the student’s response, or if the student does not respond, please submit a Care Report.
Please submit an Academic Misconduct for the following (Conduct associated with the classroom, laboratory, or clinical learning):
- Cheating and Plagiarism (including any assistance or collusion in such activities or requests or offers to do so)
- Excessive absences
- Use of abusive or profane language
- Disruptive Behavior
If a student is exhibiting disruptive behavior in or outside the classroom, even after you have discussed the behavior with them, or is in alleged violation of academic or student conduct code, you are encouraged to report the behavior or incident.
Academic Care and CARE Referral?
Care Reports may be submitted at any time during the semester. The earlier a care report is submitted, the more time the student has to turn things around in a course. Multiple care reports may be submitted during the semester for the same student. Once a care report is submitted, the student is contacted, making them fully aware that there is a concern with how they are doing in the course. The Manager of Care and Conduct receives a copy and will forward it to a Care Team member that will often do further outreach to the instructor and the student, especially for those students who are already struggling and/or receive Care Reports in multiple classes.
Please submit an Academic Care Report for the following:
- Poor test or quiz performance
- Inadequate preparation/study habits
- Poor class participation
- Sporadic attendance that is impacting the student’s overall performance
- Incomplete or late assignments
- Course comprehension
- Any other reason that the professor feels is vital to success that is not being met
Submit an Academic Care Report by clicking here.
A Care Team referral (formerly an EARS) may be submitted at any time during the semester.
Please submit a Care Team Referral if a student:
- Expresses significant personal or family problems in conversation, emails, or assignment
- Has experienced a death/significant illness of a family member or friend
- Has been hospitalized, injured, or experiencing a significant illness
- Has indicated severe resource insecurity affecting access to housing, food, academic books/supplies, or any other basic needs
- Has been absent for several class periods with no communication
Submit a Care Team Referral by clicking here.
If you need additional support regarding resources available or who to share your concern with please review the following links: