You must complete all steps & have a valid AZ driver license to operate a cart on campus.
All cart operators must meet the following criteria before operating a cart on property under the jurisdiction of the Maricopa County Community College District:
- Possess a valid Arizona driver's license.
- Understand the utility cart operating procedures.
- Review the utility cart operating guidelines.
- Watch the video by clicking on the video to the right or view on YouTube.
- Take the Cart Assessment Quiz in Canvas. (Self-enroll with http://tinyurl.com/mccohstraining)
- If you find you can’t sign into Canvas, contact the MCC HelpCenter (480-461-7127).
- Print this document. Cart training signature form.pdf Cart operator is to sign the form. Supervisor must review the AZDL (do NOT photocopy it) and sign and date the form, noting the license expiration date. Supervisor to forward form to OHS office (NU158).
Appropriate safety devices are essential to reduce the risk of injury, death, and loss of or damage to property. Therefore, when appropriate, carts must have the following accessories in functioning order:
- Side and rear view mirrors
- Electric Wipers, if applicable to cart
- Tail Lamps
- Backup signal if originally equipped
- Stop Lamps/Brake Lights
Future purchases of carts must be four-wheeled vehicles; three-wheeled vehicles are not allowed.
Utility Cart Operating Procedures
College specific procedures must include, but are not limited to, the following items:
- Operating rules to include equipment safety checks, security of cart ignition keys, driving safety/speed of carts, appropriate use of carts, and cart identification.
- Determination of acceptable driving areas.
- Determination of hours of operation.
- Maintenance and repair guidelines.
- College-owned carts are to be used for college business only.
- Contractor and vendor owned carts operated on District owned or leased property shall comply with the guidelines stated herein.
The immediate supervisor and any utility cart operator must review these guidelines and related campus specific utility cart procedures and amendments annually or as situation warrants, and provide each operator with a copy of such. Violations of the guidelines will be reported to the Public Safety Office as an Incident Report. The operator's supervisor shall be notified. The privilege of operating a utility cart may be revoked at anytime.
Operator & Supervisor Accountability
Supervisors shall ensure that all operators review the owner's manual for the specific utility cart. If a manual is not available from the manufacturer, the supervisor will provide one. In addition, all operators shall read a copy of these guidelines, the attached related procedures, and any amendments to them.